Integration Systems Engineer (MV), Senior - 36195
Company: Alion Science and Technology
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Naval Simulation Center Pacific (NSCPAC) Integration
Engineer is a member of the Navy Continuous Training Environment
(NCTE) Integrated Systems Division (ISD). The ISD provides systems
engineering solutions for the integration of NCTE Live, Virtual,
and Constructive training (LVCt) in support of the Office of Naval
Research (ONR) sponsored simulation center located in San Diego,
CA. The NSCPAC Integration Engineer supports Fleet Synthetic
Training Research and Development (FST RDT&E) activities in
order to provide integrated solutions for demonstrations of future
naval capability technology candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities
The NSCPAC Integration Engineer has the following duties and
- Function as integration engineer and an on-site representative
for NCTE in the NSCPAC lab.
- Work in a small team to deliver systems architecture for
demonstrations, test events, and technology research
- Configure Linux systems to support event needs.
- Communicate requests for tasking from NSCPAC Technology
Director to the support team at NCTE.
- Document changes to the lab configuration.
- Develop floor plan designs to support the lab.
- Modify lab physical configuration including moving host
systems, patching, and VoIP systems.
- Maintain current OS configuration, software tools, and NTB
product baselines to support site accreditation compliance.
- Keeps all other engineering functions within the organization
(i.e. networks, operations, information assurance, software
development) informed of all implications of the integration event
to the NCTE.
- Coordinates with engineers from other organizations to ensure
timely integration of prototype capabilities in support of customer
RDT&E requirements and goals.
- Maintains project status wiki-style page with current status of
- Routinely briefs government on changes, tasking, or status of
the overall project.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
related discipline plus 5 or more years of directly related
experience is required. In some cases, educational requirements may
be adjusted or waived for more equivalent applicable work
experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized
knowledge or uniquely applicable experience. Experience working
with Navy systems and/or commands desirable but not mandatory.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Should possess a thorough understanding of Linux and Windows
operating systems and be able to use advanced capabilities of these
- Networking concepts, architectures, and transport technologies
- Network troubleshooting both physical and logical
- Ability to utilize network tools such as Wireshark
- Knowledge of Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
- Knowledge of Distributed Simulation protocols such as High
Level Architecture (HLA) and Distributed Interactive Simulation
- Familiarization with Object Oriented Design (OOD) concepts and
- Knowledge of Navy C4I tactical systems such as Link 16 and
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot distributed simulation
problems and provide acceptable solutions or corrections
- Ability to provide technical project leadership, establish
milestones, estimate resources, and other project management
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- CompTIA Security + and Linux+ certifications are required for
the position and special consideration may be given for candidates
with these certifications. If candidate does not already possess
these certifications, training and certification exam will be
provided for the right candidate.
Must currently hold and be able to maintain a US Secret
Security Clearance: Secret
Keywords: Alion Science and Technology, Norfolk , Integration Systems Engineer (MV), Senior - 36195, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!