Clinic Support Specialist
Company: Virginia Eye Consultants
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Virginia Eye Consultants (VEC) is looking for a Clinical Support
Specialist to escort patients through the office to their respected
locations. The Clinical Support Specialist is responsible for
rooming patients, cleaning rooms between each patient, and ensuring
the provider and scribe computers have the current patient
information. Employees must follow HIPAA guidelines, ensuring
patient confidentiality is maintained.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Participates in the delivery of patient care in an effective
- Performs stocking and maintenance functions.
- Maintains physical environment of exam and procedure rooms.
Cleans and stocks rooms daily and maintains appropriate supply of
sample drug medications as needed.
- Prepares for transport of contaminated instruments and
equipment for sterilization.
- Files test results, forms, and letters into medical
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in
the work place.
- Interacts with patients, visitors, and all personnel in a
- Resolves conflict in a healthy and constructive manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patients and
co-workers; demonstrates respect for individual, cultural, and
- Communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors,
physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
- Able to teach patients and families in accordance with the plan
- Record activities, document assessments, plan of care,
interventions, evaluation and re- evaluation of patient
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in
administering routine and special treatments to patients, infection
control procedures and safety precautions, and completion of
appropriate JCAPHO and other regulatory requirements.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein, or asked of by a supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Optometric or Ophthalmic experience a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must complete a certification program within 12 months of hire
- Position is in a well-lighted office environment, requires a
lot of walking and assisting patients as needed.
- Standard Ophthalmic office equipment including: slit lamp,
tonometer, pachymetry, projector, microscopes, visual field
equipment, etc. Staff will also use computers, fax machine,
copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
This job description is merely a summary and in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
incumbent. Requirements represent minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and abilities. This document does not create an employment
contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment
Keywords: Virginia Eye Consultants, Norfolk , Clinic Support Specialist, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!