Pharmacist Program Mgr
Company: Anthem, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful
combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater
access to care for our members, greater value for our customers,
and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we
will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that
means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading
health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Pharmacist Program Manager
Our Pharmacist Program Manager is responsible for managing the
intake of formulary and utilization management change requests for
the Medicare line of business and ensuring those changes are
implemented timely and accurately. This position is also
responsible for overseeing daily business operations.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Intake of formulary and utilization management change requests
from Medicare programs, ensuring those changes are implemented
timely and accurately
- Translating client intent into clinical coding
- Interfaces with multiple teams to ensure smooth implementation
of clinical requirements
- Analyzing detailed clinical data related to formulary,
utilization management, and pharmacy claims adjudication
- Serving as a clinical resource on the team
- Daily workflow monitoring and prioritization
- Collaborating on multiple cross-functional projects, meeting
- Mentoring/leadership of non-clinical associates
- Must be a registered pharmacist, active, current license
(without restrictions) to practice pharmacy in any state.
- Minimum 2 years of managed care pharmacy (PBM) experience; or
any combination of education and experience, which would provide an
equivalent background required.
- At least 3-5 years experience working with pharmacy benefit
management operations, or equivalent background preferred.
- Experience working with government programs (Medicare and/or
Medicaid) strongly preferred.
- PharmD preferred.
- Experience with formulary design and claims operations,
development, and/or implementation of utilization management edits
or criteria preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that
include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and
incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining
agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance,
wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired
Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been
named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more
about our company and apply, please visit us at
careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of
services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural
competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Keywords: Anthem, Inc., Norfolk , Pharmacist Program Mgr, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!