ILS (IPS) Project Manager (N2021-03-012)
Company: W R Systems, Ltd.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
WR has a need for an Integrated Logistics Support
(ILS)/Integrated Product Support (IPS) Project Manager to serve as
the customer advocate for the PWM/A-170 projects including GPNTS
and NAVSSI and taking ownership of assigned customer requirements,
leading a team of personnel in managing project IPS (formerly ILS)
requirements, communicating with the technical project manager to
ensure completion of deadlines, coordination of shared resources,
and performing risk mitigation.
Position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Identifies project requirements and project risk plans
- Manages ILS/IPS tasking for PMW/A-170 (NAVSSI and GPNTS)
- reviews IPS documents and artifacts
- prepares responses
- accesses multiple databases in support of program IPS
requirements including but not limited to the development and
maintenance of: APLs, AELs, SOVTs, MIPs, MRCs, RCM, workfiles, ILS
Certifications, technical documentation, packaging, handling,
shipping and transportation (PHS&T), and inventory
- Manages government property: including procurement and receipt
of government property, both contractor acquired property (CAP) and
government furnished property (GFP); reporting of government
property; inventory management and tracking of government
- Develops project plans (identify requirements, scope
definition, project schedules, WBS, risk management, etc.).
- Develops cost estimates and prepares quotes and/or proposals in
response to request for quotes (RFQ) and/or task order request for
- Monitors and controls project schedule, cost, quality, and
- Aides the negotiation of delivery orders and contractual
- Support the development of cost estimates, quotes, and prepare
- Responds to inquiries in regards to project; prepares routing
reports for customers regarding project status.
- Supervises project staff and resources; performs performance
management for employees; interview and hire staff to execute
- Organizes and manages multiple priorities and personnel.
- Assists executive and senior management in the development and
formulation of long- and short-range planning, policies, programs
- Formulates and recommends policies and programs that guide the
organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position
and the profitability of the operation.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements changes to improve
productivity and reduce cost.
- Directs the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of
- Interacts regularly with executive and senior management to
ensure operational priorities are aligned with total company
Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related technical
- Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree depending on
contractual requirements Technical training in US Navy Navigation
Equipment and systems.
- Five (5)+ years of experience managing projects, including some
with moderate risk factors.
- Eight (8)+ years of experience in Integrated Product
Support/Integrated Logistics Support.
- Six (6)+ years of experience in defense life-cycle
(acquisition) logistics support (or 8 years if not DAWIA Level 1
certified) of electronic systems, to include: logistics management,
principles, practices, and processes.
- Four (4)+ years of experience in support of C4ISR systems.
- Demonstrated skills, to include: Analyzing Engineering/Systems
Management Data, Developing Logistics Plans and Procedures, and
Developing Logistics Management Plans and Guidelines.
- Note: Experience may be concurrent.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus.
Active Secret Security Clearance required.
WR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is
committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
traits associated with race, color, citizenship status, national
origin, ancestry, genetic information, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth,
or related medical conditions, including lactation, age, religion,
marital status, physical or mental disability, veterans' status, or
any additional factors that are protected by law. Please see
for more information.
Keywords: W R Systems, Ltd., Norfolk , ILS (IPS) Project Manager (N2021-03-012), Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!