United States of America - Virginia, Virginia Beach
AECOM is seeking a qualified, motivated individual for our
offices in Virginia Beach/Norfolk to support our Water Business
Line infrastructure group in the Hampton Roads Area.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience/interest
in one or more of the following areas: potable water conveyance,
storm and sanitary sewer conveyance, water/wastewater treatment,
and sedimentation/erosion control. The successful candidate will
work in a team environment and will be responsible for performing
specific tasks and discrete portions of broader assignments.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture
and having access to exceptional training and career development
opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team,
working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire
to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with
opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally.
Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for
everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights
on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our
work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative,
iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the
world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events,
the largest greenfield port development mega project,
life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in
the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy
and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout
the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired
Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
* Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 200
* Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in
Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms"
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
Under the responsible charge of a Professional Engineer, you
* Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings
and visual aids
* Perform assignments requiring application of standard
techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks.
Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and
understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
* Assist in the development and application of hydrologic and
hydraulic modeling and analyses on a variety of water resource
* Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in
making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering
* Conduct field investigations and observation of construction
* Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level
* Determine permitting requirements for projects and conduct
code analysis reviews
* This position requires the flexibility to serve as a
cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of AECOM
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Civil or
* 2+ years of relevant infrastructure related experience.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the
position including software such as AutoCAD, ArcGIS,
* United States citizenship or permanent resident status
* EIT Registration, P.E. license, or ability to obtain P.E. in 3
* Master's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
* Preferably 3 years of relevant infrastructure related
* Reputation as a high performer.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in
some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs
of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the
built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace
that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a
company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company
leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what
we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better
world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood,
community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we
believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 247837BR
Additional Locations US - Norfolk, VA - 440 Monticello Ave
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected