Cust Care Rep I
Company: Anthem, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful
combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater
access to care for our members, greater value for our customers,
and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we
will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that
means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading
health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for successfully completing the required basic
training. Able to perform basic job functions with help from
co-workers, specialists and managers on non-basic issues. Must pass
the appropriate pre-employment test battery.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to customer questions via telephone and written
correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts,
eligibility and claims.
- Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
- Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information;
documents information, activities and changes in the database.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and
coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure
customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a
- Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges
and customer service issues.
- Provides external and internal customers with requested
- Under immediate supervision, receives and places follow-up
telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are
routine in nature.
- Uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering
- Requires limited knowledge of company services, products,
insurance benefits, provider contracts and claims.
- Seeks, understands and responds to the needs and expectations
of internal and external customers.
- Required to meet department goals.
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent; up to 1 year of previous
experience in an automated customer service environment; or any
combination of education and experience, which would provide an
- For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires
strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills,
problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that
include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and
incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining
agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance,
wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired
Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been
named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more
about our company and apply, please visit us at
careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of
services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural
competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Keywords: Anthem, Inc., Norfolk , Cust Care Rep I, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!