Field Representative, Senior (NAVSSI) (FN2021-01-002)
Company: W R Systems, Ltd.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
WR has a need for a senior Field Representative to provide US
Navy and US Coast Guard Fleet Support to include the operations,
maintenance, and repair of the Navigation Sensor System Interface
(NAVSSI) Systems and associated ancillary equipment. Provide
leadership and mentoring to junior NAVSSI technicians.
Position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Performs Pre-Deployment Grooms (PDAs), system operations,
system software loads, Master Configuration File (MCF) updates,
system troubleshooting, system testing and System Operational
Verification Testing (SOVT).
- Compiles data and writes reports showing findings,
deficiencies, and recommendations to the ships for identified
problems as well as to the In-Service Engineering Agent
- Troubleshoots, tests, and repairs NAVSSI equipment and circuit
- Provides a detailed report for each component.
- Develops, reviews, and provides Navigation Sensor System
Interface (NAVSSI) system subject matter expertise support for the
update of Allowance Parts Lists (APL), technical manuals, training
curriculum, MIPs, MRCs, and various test procedures.
- Develops, reviews, and provides Daily Status Reports (DSRs) and
Weekly Status Reports (WSRs).
- Reports issues within 24hrs of occurrence.
- Attend shipboard daily status meetings with a focus on
documenting and reporting accomplishments and issues.
- Attends weekly and monthly program OIPT meetings with a focus
on lessons learned, risks, accomplishments, and process
Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and
- Technical Training in US Navy Navigation equipment and
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, or
completion of formal resident trade school or apprentice program in
electronics, or completion of at least two (2)+ U.S. Navy "C"
schools in electrical equipment or systems.
- Eight (8)+ years of hands-on experience with US Navy Navigation
equipment and systems, to include (3) of the following (4) areas:
Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test and
Evaluation, and Training.
- Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public
service leadership in US Navy Navigation equipment and
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, at least to intermediate level,
with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with Microsoft Project is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 20% or more travel is required.
Active Secret Security Clearance required.
WR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is
committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
traits associated with race, color, citizenship status, national
origin, ancestry, genetic information, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth,
or related medical conditions, including lactation, age, religion,
marital status, physical or mental disability, veterans' status, or
any additional factors that are protected by law. Please see
for more information.
Keywords: W R Systems, Ltd., Norfolk , Field Representative, Senior (NAVSSI) (FN2021-01-002), Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!