Deputy Program Manager
Company: Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want
to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech,
you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about
using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in
water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy,
and international development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong Project Manager to
move up to the next level in their career path in environmental
consulting. We have numerous opportunities on existing Federal
Government contracts and are excited to add new talent to our
This Deputy Program Manager (DPM) role is a career development
position with personal and professional growth opportunity. The DPM
will report directly to a Program Manager or the office Operation
Manager and work in collaboration with members of our Contracts,
Procurement, Finance, and Technical departments. You will be
coordinating and overseeing environmental consulting projects and
programs (e.g., CERCLA, RCRA, MRP, etc.) performed in numerous
locations within the continental United States. You will need to
bring your project, technical, and client management skills to this
program management level position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Interface with Tetra Tech project managers and technical staff
from various offices to ensure that work is being performed
correctly and consistently, and that they have the resources
necessary to successfully accomplish the work.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Participate in client and/or project meetings (e.g.,
partnering, public, PMO and other meetings).
- Prepare slide decks and make verbal presentations during
internal and external meetings.
- Respond to client and internal data calls regarding the program
(e.g., technical and financial).
- Develop innovative solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ensure that Tetra Tech complies with contract-specific
- Ensure that invoices and supporting information are timely and
- Lead or participate in Task Order proposal preparation.
Supervisory Responsibilities will include:
- The DPM is required to oversee project teams comprised of
project managers and technical staff from various Tt offices that
will not be direct reports.
- In addition, mentoring and coaching may junior staff will be
- 12+ years of experience, preferably working in the
environmental field (CERCLA, RCRA, MRP).
- Prior experience as a Project Manager for environmental Task
Orders under federal government contracts is required; DoD or EPA
contracts is highly desired.
- Demonstrated increasing level of project management
responsibility related to environmental services is required;
program management related experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of emerging contaminants (i.e., PFAS) is a plus.
- Strong technical background with project management of
environmental projects; understanding the technical and regulatory
component throughout the full life cycle of a project is a
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication
skills, with a high-level of self- awareness and emotional
- Proven record of building and leading teams that solve complex
- Willingness to listen, learn, and apply new skills.
- Initiative to build own career and success.
- Maintain a proven track record of successfully managing
environmental projects and collaborating across disparate teams to
solve complex problems.
- Have experience managing in support of CERCLA, RCRA, and/or the
MRP that include tasks such as preparing Preliminary Assessments,
Site Inspections, RI/FSs, RFI/CMSs, Corrective Measures, Remedial
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in engineering, geology, or another scientific field
is required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Technical professional license/registration, i.e. Professional
Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG) is required. PE is
preferred. PMP Certification in addition to PE/PG is a plus.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Must be fluent in the English language, writing and
- Must possess excellent writing capabilities and have experience
generating reports suitable for submittal to clients.
- Must be able to conduct verbal presentations including project
summaries, technical status, presentation to the client and/or
- Must be able to perform daily operations using Microsoft
Windows applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project is desirable, but not
- Familiarity with Nuance or Adobe Acrobat is also desirable, but
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and
engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the
resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local,
client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the
world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and
resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that
supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are
proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by
For more information on our company, please visit our website at
www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover
letter on the Careers portion of our website at
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested
parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request
priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Keywords: Tetra Tech, Inc., Norfolk , Deputy Program Manager, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!