We have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Project Manager
to join our team. The Technology Project Manager manages technology
projects sponsored by our transit customer. The position will
provide technical leadership and guidance on Technology projects
that may involve multiple partners including HRT staff, local
planning agencies, industry partners and vendors. The selected
candidate will complete project deliverables and submit proposals
for current and future technology projects.
- Make professional decisions and recommendations and provide
technical and policy support to the customer.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of professional, technical
and maintenance personnel engaged in managing, planning, modifying,
repairing, and installing components of Intelligent Transportation
- Responsible for the successful execution and delivery of the
current and future Technology projects.
- Work closely with the system/application owner and Technology
owner with specific focus on managing expectations.
- Act as a liaison between the Technology department and other
- Demonstrate ability in the creation of functional and technical
specification documentation and RFPs.
- Gather requirements, create project plans and track project
progress; adjust plan as needed and takes appropriate corrective
action to address plan variances.
- Oversee the completion of Technology projects ensuring project
disciplines are followed, the appropriate resources participate,
review, or approve deliverables, appropriate sign-off is received
and the project expectations are met.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to project team members,
provide feedback to functional managers on staff, as
- Provide technical expertise for Technology projects and
applications at the agency.
- Provide expert advice, guidance, and recommendations to
executive management on ITS technology.
- Represent the customer at external professional committees and
- Develop and provide oversight of technical documents (plans,
contracts, specifications, estimates, reports, assessments).
- Demonstrate leadership and consensus-building skills.
- Perform System Administration of ITS applications as
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the
Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of the
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in
accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard
Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
o Preferred four (4) or more years' experience in managing
Technology projects and ITS applications with at least two (2) year
technology support and administrative capacity; or an equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience.
- Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job
o Possess knowledge and progressively responsible experience
with Technology Project Management
o Working knowledge of transit, Intelligent Transportation
Systems (ITS), traffic engineering, telecommunications,
electronic/electrical devices, and infrastructure design.
o Ability to effectively convey information and work well in a
o Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of
management and within the business administrative, maintenance,
functional and technical communities.
o Good critical and analytical thinking.
o Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and
o Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Virginia Driver's License
- Candidate must be a US citizen
- PMP or related certification desirable
Education: B.S. in Information Systems, Systems Engineering,
Computer Science, Civil/Transportation Engineering, or Related
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees
who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for
benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and
holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Norfolk, VA - Some travel within the Hampton roads
area may be required
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a
leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and
products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State
brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest
state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to
support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For
more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with
us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity,
veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.