User Services Domain Architect
Company: Leidos Holdings Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
More About the Role:
Leidos currently has an opening on the Navy 'Service Management,
Integration and Transport' (SMIT) Contract for a User Services
Domain Architect. This is an exciting opportunity to use your
experience and leadership skills to successfully execute the
mission of the Navy's largest IT services program: SMIT. Under the
SMIT Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of
the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services,
network operations, network engineering, service desk, and data
transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its
shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and
service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts
under one enterprise network. This position requires Engineering,
Operations Support, Management and extensive knowledge of network
communications, architecture, security controls, and compliance and
What You'll Get to Do:
- Applies Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and thought leadership
to develop end-user solutions for the largest private Intranet in
- Leads the development of end-user solutions and strategies to
execute the US Navy's mission for the following areas:
oPrint services, user support, seat support, electronic
classroom services, end-user core build services, end-user core
build management, end-user core build automation, specialized seat
support services, developer seat services, portable platform seat
services, rel/allied seat services, NCIS seat services, mobile seat
services, deployable computing services, transactor seat services,
support for DoD Windows 10 Technology Adoption Program, Information
Technology Operations, and customer advocacy.
- Shapes and influences technical outcomes and aligns solutions
with the Customer's business requirements.
- Technical lead for the User Services domain; Oversees technical
solutions through the entire lifecycle.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved
through understanding of requirements, research and integration of
- Develops high-level technical designs, products, and/or
standards in support of the strategy and operations of the User and
Seat Services Domain area of expertise.
- Communicates and collaborates with the relevant Navy Prod
Owner, Prod Mgr, Technical Leads, etc
- Coordinates and attends Agile sprint meetings to help direct
and assist the engineering team in solving complex problems and
fielding new capabilities for the Navy.
- Works with commercial industry vendors, partner labs, and Gov't
labs to evaluate and test new and innovative technologies that
satisfy Navy requirements.
- Conducts trade studies, analyses of alternatives, develops
high-level designs, and supports the development of relevant
- Works with SMIT Engineers, Project Managers, and Operations
teams to field new technologies and capabilities.
- Validates and provides inputs and updates to the Model Based
Systems Engineering (MBSE) SysML model.
- Directs and supports design reviews focused on User/Seat
Services and solutions.
- In close coordination with the Chief Architect and Chief
Engineer, identifies technology and solution roadmaps to improve
mission enterprise capabilities resulting in increased contract
growth and improved customer satisfaction.
- Defines/Creates Technology Roadmaps and communicates
architecture vision/solution/innovation to the customer and
- Partners with the SMIT PMO team in supporting:
oShaping and development of technical solutions.
oUnderstanding and participating in the development of new
business strategies and on-contract growth.
oAssessing current and future skills and technology needs.
- Evaluates and recommends technologies, tools, and processes to
ensure successful customer outcomes.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to program team
members; encourage innovative solutions to solve complex customer
- Analyzes network data and systems to select the appropriate
control mechanisms for the security level required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in STEM or relevant field, or
comparable experience with an additional 12 years or a Masters with
10 years of overall related experience.
oAdditional years of related work experience may be substituted
for a degree at the Hiring Manager's discretion.
- Exceptional written and oral technical communications and
ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical
managers and customers.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and attention to
- Currently possess and ability to maintain an active DoD Secret
- Minimum of DoD 8570.01 IAT Level III Certification required
prior to onboarding and must maintain certification while
supporting the SMIT Contract: CISSP or CASP (See DoD 8570.01-M
Appendix 3 for valid certifications).
- Expert knowledge in two areas and working knowledge of
additional areas to include: Microsoft Windows 10, print services,
software builds, virtualized desktops and applications (i.e.
Citrix, VMWare, cloud based VDI, etc), end-user automation, ITIL
Service Transition and Service Operations, User and seat/Desktop
services, user experience, and mobile end user solutions.
- Must be able to access SIPRNet from an NMCI location on short
notice (local travel).
- Ability to travel (local and long distance) up to 25% including
the possibility of OCONUS travel.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Previous work experience providing support to the NGEN-NMCI
program is highly desired.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML experience;
Cameo Systems Modeler.
- 15-20+ years of IT experience in multiple technical disciplines
within DoD environment.
- Sec DevOps experience.
- ITIL and/or Agile certifications and/or demonstrable
- Microsoft Expert Level Certification(s): i.e. DevOps Engineer
Expert, Enterprise Administrator Expert, Azure Solutions Architect
- Agile certifications or applicable experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 39,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues
of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January
1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information
at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to [email
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national
origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family
structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will
also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos Holdings Inc., Norfolk , User Services Domain Architect, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!