Data Science Domain Architect
Company: Leidos Holdings Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
More About the Role:
Leidos currently has an opening on the Navy 'Service Management,
Integration and Transport' (SMIT) Contract for a Data Science
Domain Architect. This is an exciting opportunity to use your
experience and leadership skills to successfully execute the
mission of the Navy's largest IT services program: SMIT. Under the
SMIT Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of
the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services,
network operations, network engineering, service desk, and data
transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its
shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and
service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts
under one enterprise network. This position requires Engineering,
Operations Support, Management and extensive knowledge of network
communications, architecture, security controls, and compliance and
What You'll Get to Do:
- Applies Subject Matter Expertise (SME) of Data Science and
thought leadership using a data-driven approach to manage the
largest private Intranet in the world.
- Leads and influences the development of Data solutions and
strategies to execute the US Navy's mission and achieve the desired
- Leads the work of other technical staff; significantly impacts
- Collects data through means such as analyzing business results
or by setting up and managing new studies.
- Assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and
data gathering techniques.
- Analyzes database implementation methods to make sure they are
in line with company policies and any external regulations that may
- Transfers/transforms data into a new format to make it more
appropriate for analysis.
- Develops custom data models and algorithms to apply to data
sets and experimental frameworks to collect the data.
- Designs and builds tools to automate data collection and (e.g.,
Network Capacity Management).
- Mines and analyzes data from a large variety of data sets and
databases to drive optimization and improvement of end-user
experiences, service delivery, and business strategies.
- Creates visually attractive and stimulating reports and
presentations for business uses.
- Uses predictive modeling to optimize end-user experiences,
reduce costs, increase revenue and support other business
- Provides insight into the changing database storage and
utilization requirements for the company and offer suggestions for
- Develops processes and tools to monitor and analyze model
performance and data accuracy.
- Creates data monitoring models and work with the team to create
models ahead of new requirements.
- Develops database design and architecture documentation.
- Maintains the integrity and security of the customer's
- In close coordination with the Chief Architect and Chief
Engineer, identifies technology and solution roadmaps to improve
mission enterprise capabilities resulting in increased contract
growth and improved customer satisfaction.
- Defining/Creating Technology Roadmaps and communicating
architecture vision/solution/innovation to the customer and
- Partners with the SMIT PMO team in supporting:
oShaping and development of technical solutions
oUnderstanding and participating in the development of new
business strategies and on-contract growth
oAssessing current and future Data Science skills and technology
- Evaluates and recommends technologies, tools, and processes to
ensure successful customer outcomes.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to program team
members; encourage innovative solutions to solve complex customer
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in STEM or relevant field, or
comparable experience with an additional 12 years or a Masters with
10 years of overall related experience.
- Exceptional written and oral technical communications and
ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical
managers and customers.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and attention to
- Currently possess and ability to maintain an active DoD Secret
- Minimum of DoD 8570.01 IAT Level III Certification required
prior to onboarding and must maintain certification while
supporting the SMIT Contract: CISSP or CASP (See DoD 8570.01-M
Appendix 3 for valid certifications).
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to solve problems
- Experience using statistical computer languages like R, Java,
Scala, SQL and Python.
- Extensive experience working with Application Programming
- Extensive experience working with Robotic Process Automation
(RPA), UI Path preferred.
- Extensive experience with Extract Transform Load (ETL) data
- Extensive experience with data management tools.
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, algebra).
- Proven ability to work in distributed systems.
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis.
- Working knowledge of statistics.
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible
for a given project or study.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with predictive analytics, machine learning and AI -
UIPath experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and with team members from
- Knowledge of a common data science toolkits and experience with
a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree
learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
(regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and
proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau,
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Elastic,
- Must be able to access SIPRNet from an NMCI location on short
notice (local travel).
- Ability to travel (local and long distance) up to 25% including
the possibility of OCONUS travel.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Previous work experience providing support to the NGEN-NMCI
program is highly desired.
- Experience with SitScape or Automation Anywhere highly
- Knowledge of Splunk highly desired.
- Agile certifications or applicable experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 39,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues
of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January
1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information
at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to [email
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national
origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family
structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will
also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos Holdings Inc., Norfolk , Data Science Domain Architect, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!