Pacific Retail Capital Partners is a fully-integrated,
entrepreneurial organization with an unparalleled depth of
knowledge in all aspects of retail real estate. Our team of
executives and strategic partners draw on decades of experience
with major national shopping center owners to deliver top-tier
service as an operating partner and provide efficient oversight of
the company’s own portfolio. Our broad-based talent is versed in
multiple disciplines from investment and development, which enables
the company to quickly assess market opportunities, to management,
marketing and leasing which allows them to effectively control
costs and maintain the quality of its properties. This position is
based in Norfolk, VA but our company operates nationally with a
particular emphasis on large regional malls.
General Manager – Military Circle Mall
The Regional Manager provides full scale management direction
for the property to meet ownership objectives.
Management, Operations and Marketing
• Maintain safety, cleanliness and integrity of all areas of all
buildings, systems and equipment for all property users.
• Prepare team to respond in emergency and crisis
• Have thorough knowledge of area market including all
competitive properties and area demographics.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in
community affairs and activities representing both the property’s
interest and the interest of property owners.
• Enforce all tenant lease requirements.
• Manage the activities of the property’s marketing manager in
conjunction with the regional marketing manager.
• Establish an effective working relationship with all
department store managers and other key merchants, including
specialty tenants to understand and drive sales.
• Work in conjunction with property’s Leasing Specialist to
execute new and renewal leases to meet or exceed client
• Direct activities of specialty leasing function to optimize
temporary tenant and cart occupancy to maximize property
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with
the property’s leasing specialist to ensure budgeted leasing
• Negotiate all tenant rent reduction or termination
Financial Performance and Reporting
• Achieve budgeted net operating income for property.
• Manage property’s capital to budgeted levels.
• Direct the preparation and implementation of all annual
financial reports including budgets, management plan, marketing
plan, marketing budget, and annual report.
• Direct the preparation and submission to asset manager of all
monthly/quarterly financial reports, forecasts and sales
• Monitor the collections of all rents and execute appropriate
• Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with
the property’s asset manager.
• Function as primary point of contact to asset manager for all
issues relating to the property.
• Interact frequently with property’s regional managers and
leasing organization to ensure consistent high quality interaction
with asset management firm.
Employee Motivation and Development
• Direct and supervise the activities of all property
• Develop a personnel action plan for each direct report to
identify opportunities for further career development. Ensure that
all supervisory employees do the same for their direct reports.
• Provide regular feedback to employees via annual performance
objectives, mid-year reviews, annual reviews and other
• Managerial Courage – provides current, direct, complete and
actionable positive and correctional feedback to others. Faces up
to people problems quickly and directly.
• Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting customer’s
expectations and acts with customer in mind.
• Planning & Organizing – establishes course of action for team
to accomplish goals and evaluates results. Develops schedules and
task/people assignments. Uses resources effectively and
• Motivating Others/Directing Others – creates a climate in
which people want to do their best and empowers others. Is good at
establishing clear directions; distributes the workload
appropriately; a clear communicator.
• Developing Others – provides challenging and stretching tasks
and assignments, is aware of each direct report’s career goals and
is a people builder.
• Written/Oral Communications – is able to write and speak
clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and
• Problem Solving – uses logic and methods to solve difficult
problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious and
doesn’t stop at the first answers.
• Time Management – uses his/her time effectively and
efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities;
can attend to a broader range of activities.
• Financially Astute – thorough understanding of retail
accounting principles including recovery ratios and methods,
accrual and cash basis accounting, reading and understanding
financial statements, lease language interpretation and budgeting
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or related field and/or 5 – 10 years in
retail property management.
• Understanding of financial aspects of property
• Excellent skills in navigating the internet, Excel, MS Word,
• Ability to easily learn and use new systems.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your
success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an
extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental
and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the
company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment
for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company.
We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where
each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes,
decisions, planning and culture.
Please reference “General Manager – Military Circle Mall” in the
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Stay in the know! Join our thought leadership community for the
latest Pacific Retail news and industry expertise.