Senior Project Engineer Structures.
Posted on: March 27, 2020
OverviewAs part of the Hampton Roads Connector Partners (HRCP)
Joint Venture, Flatiron has been selected to construct the new
Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) Expansion Project in Virginia.
As a Senior Project Engineer - Structures, you will perform tasks
related to the collection of cost data required to monitor project
budget and estimates. This position requires the selection and
application of resource monitoring and control principles,
techniques and technical knowledge of construction projects. The
multibillion dollar HRBT project scope will include: a new
bridge-tunnel crossing, replacement of existing marine approach
bridges, the addition of a third lane on 1-64 in each direction,
and new bridge-tunnel complex that will accommodate 4 lanes of
traffic for a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water and is
expected to conclude in 2025.What you will be doing
- Meets with engineering team to review production schedule and
confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily
available for production to continue on schedule and within
- Reviews shop drawings, design specifications, material
requirements and project data to ensure quality and contract
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling.
Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or
process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates weekly and monthly production, schedule and budget
projections to accurately track project performance. Documents
daily activities in Company approved methods and technologies.
- Updates project schedule weekly for owner and management
reporting. Attends weekly owner meetings; presents on project
production status as needed.
- Prepares and manages a three-week work plan. Notifies
engineering and project management of any significant schedule
changes and develops solutions to mitigate delays and cost.
- Initiates and manages all Requests for Information (RFIs), as
needed by project.
- Remits accurate project quantities using assigned project cost
coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported.
Manages invoicing with Company accounting team regarding materials,
equipment and subcontractor needs.
- Supports engineering team with quality assurance as needed.
Reviews certificates and permits needed to perform work.
Participates in all worksite tours with leadership or external
- Reviews required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe
and compliance work environment for all construction personnel.
Participates in all weekly safety meetings with field team and
project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedule, budget and
cost parameters by providing technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides
technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as
- Perform project leadership role during close-out procedures if
Project Manager separates from project before close. Reviews
close-out checklist with owner and field crews at the end of the
project.What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- 7+ years construction engineering experience required.
- Resource monitoring techniques (i.e. cost accounting, basic
estimating) and construction technology, process systems and/or
structures experience preferred
- Previous experience working on large scale heavy civil
infrastructure projects in a similar capacityWhy work for usSome of
the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
employer. Associated topics: civil, compute, construction, design
engineer, draw, engineer, project engineer, structural designer,
structural engineer, water resource
Keywords: Flatiron, Norfolk , Senior Project Engineer Structures., Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!