Superintendent Heavy Civil (Multiple Openings).
Posted on: March 27, 2020
OverviewAs a Superintendent on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge
Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will schedule,
coordinate and supervise production and workforce engaged on your
assigned area of the project. **The project is currently seeking to
hire a number of experienced Superintendents with Heavy Civil
Construction experience across a variety of disciplines, including:
Structures and Bridges, Roads, Highways and related works, Marine
and/or Tunnel Construction. ** The Hampton Roads Connector Partners
JV (HRCP) consisting of Flatiron, Dragados USA and VINCI, has been
selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project the largest
civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department
of Transportation (VDOT). The project scope across a 9 mile section
of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing
that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the
water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the
addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45
diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second
largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project
is expected to continue to the end of 2025. What you will be
- Supervises assigned project work and liaises between field
engineering, estimating, and workforce to ensure project compliance
with contract drawings and specifications.
- Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work
schedule for assigned project work. Reviews daily work schedule
with direct reports and provides input for weekly/monthly schedule
updates based on project feedback.
- Reviews and understands the project specifications to support
job set up activities. Works with work crews, field engineers and
local utility companies to identify hazardous areas on job
- Presents production work plan during initial project meeting to
ensure all project crews and leaders are in alignment.
- Coordinates with internal equipment team and external vendors
to ensure that project is equipped with appropriate equipment and
material quantities to complete production within assigned budget
- Forecasts the work schedule to identify possible issues and
provides technical or scheduling recommendations to mitigate
- Provides technical input to identify and resolve project risks
including construction methods, work plan and material
requirements, safety and schedule activities. Documents daily
activities and meeting notes using Company approved document
- Coordinates with internal and external departments to ensure
all mandated inspections are completed within requested
- Supports and promotes strict adherence to safety and process
controls regarding operating equipment, worksite safety and
- Supervises sub-contractor production and workforce regarding
assigned project work. Recommends work schedule or work method
adjustments regarding sub-contractor activities, as needed.
- Coordinates project close out activities in line with project
standards and Owner checklist requirements.
- Performs additional assignments per management s direction.What
we are looking for
- *5+ years of heavy civil construction experience
(roads/bridges/marine/tunneling), with at least 3+ years management
- Bachelor's Degree considered a plus.
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification preferred.
- Valid Driver s License.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong leadership capability with internal drive to mentor and
grow internal talent.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and
- Advanced knowledge of construction site safety protocols and
proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards and contract
specific plans and specifications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistics, and fundamentals geometry. Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.Why work for usSome of the benefits you may
be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
employer. Associated topics: administrator, construction manager,
manager, project, public, public works, scheduler, site, site
Keywords: Flatiron, Norfolk , Superintendent Heavy Civil (Multiple Openings)., Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!