Area Cost Control Engineer.
Posted on: March 27, 2020
OverviewAs an Area Cost Control Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton
Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will
assist the project team in the tracking, reporting and
troubleshooting of all relevant cost and schedule information
across an assigned area of the project.The Hampton Roads Connector
Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Flatiron, Dragados USA and VINCI,
has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project the
largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia
Department of Transportation (VDOT). The project scope across a 9
mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel
crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity
across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach
bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction.
The twin 45 diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM,
creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North
America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
What you will be doing
- Assist Area Project Manager and Deputy Forecast Manager with
tracking and updating the relevant project information to the
assigned cost control and forecasting programs (SPE and SIE).
- Prepare support/back-up for change orders and claims to
Contract Manager in coordination with each Area PM.
- Tracking quantities: To revise remaining quantities for
forecast analysis and provide with monthly performed quantities to
the Progress Engineer in coordination with field engineers of each
- Prepare/review pre-closing & closing files requested by the
project in coordination with the each Area Accountant. Ensure that
project charges are correctly represented for accounting s closing
- Help prepare the monthly SPE follow-up report (deviation
analysis) in coordination with the Area Project Manager.
- Participate in and chair weekly productivity and cost meetings
with field supervisors and Area PM to analyze incurred
productivity, cost and deviations from the previous week.
- Review Change Orders and Payapps (work executed and invoices
submitted by subcontractors) with the Superintendents, to verify
what is to be submitted for payment application.
- Open and circulate cost codes ensure they are tracked
effectively across the project.
- Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost
standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing,
engineering, and design.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as
assigned.What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 6 years cost engineering experience within a
- Minimum 2 years' experience in heavy civil construction
involving means & methods.
- Construction experience in heavy civil projects and some field
- Knowledge in SPE, SIE and eCMS or similar system and knowledge
in HCSS and AutoCAD preferred.
- Strong command of Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent organizational ability able to plan, prioritize,
schedule, organize, and prioritize activities.
- Exceptional problem solving capabilities with the ability to
identify critical issues, seek relevant information, generate
alternatives and logically weigh options.
- Clear communication and teamwork excellent oral presentation
and written skills, listens, relays information and ideas clearly,
and works effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Dependable with an emphasis on producing quality work - works
diligently against deadlines, sets goals and achieves them,
persists through obstacles, ensures work is timely and accurate.Why
work for usSome of the benefits you may be eligible for as an
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
employer. Associated topics: building, building code, civil, civil
engineer, drainage, foundation design, infrastructure,
microstation, road, traffic
Keywords: Flatiron, Norfolk , Area Cost Control Engineer., Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!