Senior Field Engineer Heavy Civil (Multiple Openings).
Posted on: March 27, 2020
OverviewAs a Senior Field Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads
Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will
provide technical engineering information to the relevant project
stakeholders to ensure construction work complies with all
engineering standards, codes and contract specifications. **The
project is currently seeking to hire a number of Senior Field
Engineers with Heavy Civil Construction experience across a variety
of disciplines, including: Structures and Bridges, Roads, Highways
and related works, Marine and/or Tunnel Construction. **The Hampton
Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Flatiron, Dragados
USA and VINCI, has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design
Build project the largest civil construction contract ever awarded
by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). The project
scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new
3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8
lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing
marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in
each direction. The twin 45 diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored
by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in
North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of
2025.What you will be doing
- Collects, coordinates and analyzes shop drawings, design
specifications, material requirements and project data through the
duration of the project to ensure quality and contract
- Works with project team to plan field layout on the project
site, ensuring appropriate utility and commercial lines are marked
before production begins.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedules and provides
technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides
technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as
- Meets daily with project crews to review production schedule
and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily
available for production to continue on schedule and within
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling.
Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or
process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates daily production, schedule and budget projections to
accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in
Company approved methods and technologies.
- Notifies team members and manager of any significant schedule
changes and recommends solutions for management consideration.
- Remits accurate project quantity input and controls using
assigned project cost coding to ensure project financials are
accurately reported. Manages cost coding with project finance and
accounting teams regarding employee time, materials, equipment and
- Reviews project specifications for quality assurance at regular
intervals. Initiates and manages appropriate certificates,
inspections and other documentation regarding construction
production on the project site.
- Reviews and approves daily timecards for all construction
crews, working with Office Manager, payroll and job construction
supervisors to resolve queries, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of Company and Project values and strategic
- Perform additional assignments per management s directionWhat
we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management
or a related field required.
- 3+ years of construction engineering experience on heavy civil
construction projects required.
- Knowledge of construction equipment & techniques, drawing &
specifications, building materials and required standards
applicable to the project.
- Previous experience in cost coding, cost savings, budget and
other project related financial implications strongly
- Knowledge of construction scheduling processes and production
time management preferred.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate
effectively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in
a fast-paced environment.
- Skill in verbal and written communication needed.
- Proven self-starter and self-motivated to learn and grow
knowledge.Why work for usSome of the benefits you may be eligible
for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
employer. Associated topics: autocad, building engineer, building
information, construction, development, implement, project
engineer, stability, structure, transportation
Keywords: Flatiron, Norfolk , Senior Field Engineer Heavy Civil (Multiple Openings)., Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!