Senior Temporary Works Engineer - Marine.
Posted on: March 27, 2020
OverviewAs the Senior Temporary Works / Methods Engineer for
Marine on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project
(HRBT) in Virginia, you will lead the Marine Methods Task Force on
the project, coordinating the Design JV and Construction JV Marine
efforts. The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP), consisting
of Flatiron, Dragados USA and VINCI, has been selected to construct
the $3.3BN Design Build project the largest civil construction
contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation
(VDOT). The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will
include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will
accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water,
replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the
addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45
diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second
largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project
is expected to continue to the end of 2025. What you will be
- Liaise with and oversee the work of consultants,
sub-consultants and peer reviewers for all marine temporary works
and means and methods development on the project.
- Provide marine methods design and engineering input to
necessary stakeholders, including but not limited to: sequencing of
work, temporary works design for shoring, formwork, site
installation, lifting operations, access, etc.
- Provide the methods for the structural design of temporary
structures (Steel Structural Design, Reinforced Concrete
- Work closely together with designers, estimators and project
engineers to create method statements.
- Check plans and methods with internal and external
- Preparation of price proposal requests
- Ensure quality and safety are integrated throughout all
processes of designWhat we are looking for
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a closely related field from
an accredited institution.
- 10+ years of engineering experience, at least 5 years marine
- AASHTO Temporary Works knowledge.
- Possess a broad knowledge and hands-on experience in
design/construction of large scale heavy civil construction
- Possess knowledge and experience working with barges, cranes on
barges, and works over the water.
- Bridge and Tunnel experience is considered a plus.
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) license in VA is strongly
- Experienced in use of design software structural analysis and
proficiency with numerical computations; Knowledge of MicroStation
- Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation
- Experience working directly for a general contract is a must
for this position
- Possess excellent communication skillsWhy work for usSome of
the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
employer. Associated topics: concrete, drainage, function, land,
remedial, roadway, soil mechanic, structural analysis,
Keywords: Flatiron, Norfolk , Senior Temporary Works Engineer - Marine., Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!