00496- Front Desk Assistant
Company: Virginia State Government
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Position InformationJob DescriptionNorfolk State Universitys
Housing and Residence Life is seeking candidates for the position
of Front Desk Assistant.The Office of Housing & Residence Life is
committed to providing co-curricular programs and services that
align with the Universitys academic mission. This department
strives to foster a unique Spartan Residential Experience by
providing safe, clean, affordable, and well-maintained facilities
to enhance the holistic development of our students as ideal
Spartans and future leaders.The successful candidate will:
- Provide front desk coverage within an assigned residential
community during an assigned shift.
- Ensure residents within the community reside in an environment
conducive to living and learning.
- Monitor activities within the community, conduct floor checks,
handle incidents, prepare incident reports and enforce policies,
procedures and guidelines.
- Work hours 10:30p.m to 7:30a.m., primarily nights and
weekends.* EEO STATEMENTNSU is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without
regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual
orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU
encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with
disabilities, and veterans to apply.*Minimum Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard office practices and
procedures to include greeting customers, answering the phones and
directing questions to the appropriate party.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite to perform
various tasks including creating word documents for reports.
- Ability to interact well with administrators, faculty, staff,
and students and the general public.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Should be customer service oriented with the ability to use
problem resolution techniques when serving customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take appropriate
action with minimum supervision.
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of
training and education that provides the requisite knowledge,
skills, and abilities.Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience working in higher education.Special
- NSU conducts background checks on all candidates identified as
finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed
is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been
identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex
offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation,
driving records, license verification, credit history review. The
results of background checks are made available to University
employing officials. You will be required to sign an Authorization
to release form.
- Norfolk State University utilizes I-9 and E-verify in the
verification of eligibility for employment.Special Instructions to
- Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety
online, an application and all required application material.
- Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and
material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and
abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
- A complete application, including all previous employment,
salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be
received online by 11:59PM of the Job Close Date.
- Applicants who list see resume or see Curriculum Vitae in lieu
of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full
consideration.Contact InformationNameOffice of Human
ResourcesPhone757-823-8160FaxFAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT
ACCEPTED.EmailEMAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT
ACCEPTED.AddressMAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.Working
Title: 00496- Front Desk AssistantRole Title: Admin and Office Spec
II - 19012Job Open Date: 02/10/2020Job Close Date: 02/17/2020Open
Until Filled: NoIs this position funded in whole or in part by the
American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: NoHiring
Range: $22,597-$22,856Agency: Norfolk State University
(213)Location: Norfolk - 710Position Number: 00496Job Posting
Number: 1063512Type of Recruitment: General Public - GDoes this
position have telework options?: NoBilingual/Multilingual Skill
Requirement/Preference: NoJob Type: Full-Time (Salaried)Job Type
Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1Pay Band: 02
Keywords: Virginia State Government, Norfolk , 00496- Front Desk Assistant, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!