Company: Life Cycle Engineering
Posted on: January 17, 2020
LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee owned
company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way,
which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We
are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work! Learn
more below and at www.lce.com.
Life Cycle Engineering is looking for a qualified Scheduler to join
our team in Norfolk, VA. As Scheduler, you will have overall
responsibility for development and accuracy of production
schedules. This is a temporary level of effort (3-6 months).
* Must be a US citizen with a Current/active DoD Secret security
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Scheduler will include but
are not limited to the following:
* Review the specification packages for potential conflicts within
the individual job and other tasks/jobs being executed.
* When necessary, assist in schedule development to support bid
* Incorporate subcontractors' schedules into prime production
* Resource loads production schedules, based on consolidated
* Support Client planning and scheduling functions for all
programs, to include attendance of meetings with trades,
subcontractors and customers (i.e. MARMC, MSC).
* Coordinate with Program Office, Contracts Department, Project
Managers and Estimating in developing and scheduling work
* Support in-house process and procedures development, including
managing file structure and template development for current and
* Update schedules weekly to include date changes, progress and
work scope additions/deletions/modifications (i.e.
* Provide weekly reports to admin for submission to customer.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* Five years of experience in ship repair industry, or equivalent
combination of degree from Maritime Institute and on-the-job
experience, or completion of Scheduler In Training position
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
* Strong PC skills (all MS Office Products, to include MS
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs,
and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be
* Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other
This position description represents a summary of the major
components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs
dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be
addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on
our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's
cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting
our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams
reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth
because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and
commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization
focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then
turning individual strengths into organizational performance that
supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental
coverage options available
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
* Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership
* Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
* Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which
includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
* Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all
* Flexible schedules and relaxed dress code
* Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral
Program, numerous recognition opportunities, and more *Benefits may
vary by business unit and location
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations
prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations
require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the
employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall
also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.
Keywords: Life Cycle Engineering, Norfolk , Scheduler, Other , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!