Enterprise Asset Management Technical Project Manager
Company: Hampton Roads Transit
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Position: Enterprise Asset Management Technical Project Manager
Department: Technology Reports To: Director of ITS Services Salary:
DOQ Hampton Roads Transit is looking to hire a technical project
implementation manager that can deliver business value to the
agency on an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system
implementation. The Technical Project Manager is expected to manage
technical and security aspects of the EAM system implementation
project and resources associated with the project. Essential Job
Functions: (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor
to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Coordinates technical resources, information, and activities
for Enterprise Asset Management business processes.
- Leads HRT Technology Department effort to identify, track, and
manage Technology assets.
- Ensures technical aspects for contract milestones have been
satisfactorily met before signoff of payments from the project
- Manages the implementation activities, project schedule, task
completion and milestones from technical and security
- Manages and tracks project risks.
- Acts as the technical project management interface to the
vendor project team.
- Liaison between HRT Technology Department and HRT Facilities
Department for the project.
- Ensures availability of appropriate technical and security
resources to support project meetings.
- Ensures that technical and security related project
deliverables are reviewed by appropriate HRT staff in a timely
- Identifies and logs proposed technical and security related
project change orders.
- Manages the resolution of technical and security related
project change orders.
- Documents and tracks technical and security related project
issues and decisions to resolution.
- Works with the process owners in communicating decisions that
need to be brought to the Project Steering Committee for review and
- Communicates project status, issues and risks to the
- Able to effectively plan, execute and communicate the project
progress to stakeholders
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the
Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in
accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard
Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job
- Proven experience managing the technical implementation of an
EAM system, preferably Trapeze EAM.
- Provide end-to-end project leadership and participate as a
technical team member for the implementation.
- Technical knowledge of EAM Applications.
- Technical knowledge of computer networking, security, server
management, application management.
- Technical knowledge of installing and managing cloud-based
- Proven experience using Microsoft Project to manage
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word,
- Adhere to Project Management practices and business change
- Ability to motivate, inspire, counsel and facilitate
individuals and teams to take responsibility and accountability for
the goals will be an added advantage.
- Ability to exercise overall day-to-day control of project
leads, team members and resources balancing the needs for
implementation success with the skills and capabilities of the
- Implement and lead an effective business process change
management process that pro-actively identifies business process
changes and incorporates an appropriate impact analysis and
approval for such changes across the project team
- Good interpersonal skills with experience interfacing
effectively between business and IT teams.
- Understanding of the agency's Transit Asset Management
processes and policies that are key to successful implementation of
the new system.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, at all times, by defining and
ensuring adherence to established processes and maintaining updated
documentation at all times.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to effectively convey information and work well in a
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of
management and within the business administrative, maintenance,
functional and technical communities.
- Ability to interface with end users and effectively understand
and support their requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to a rapidly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong
customer focus. Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to
Job Functions: Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed
software applications associated with performance of assigned work
is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software
applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job
duties will be evaluated. Software Applications: Microsoft Project,
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.), Trapeze EAM Training
and/or Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance or
a related field from an accredited college or university. Required
- 8+ years proven experience with the successful project
management and implementation of Enterprise Asset Management
- Trapeze EAM system implementation experience preferred.
- 4+ years proven experience configuring Enterprise Asset
Management applications, preferably Trapeze EAM.
- 5+ years technical knowledge of computer networking, security,
server management, application management.
- 5+ years technical knowledge of installing and managing
- Public Transportation Industry experience preferred. Licenses
or Certificates: Virginia Driver's License PMP Certification
preferred Special Requirements: This position is classified as
essential personnel. This position is grant funded. FLSA Status:
Exempt Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires
high-speed operation of keyboard devices. Unusual Demands: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely
basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.
Keywords: Hampton Roads Transit, Norfolk , Enterprise Asset Management Technical Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!