Outside Plant Engineer
Posted on: July 13, 2019
What you'll be doing...
We're investing in our network to improve the way we live, work,
and communicate. Our fiber infrastructure will be critical for all
our future network transformation objectives including new products
such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As an Outside Plant
Engineer, you will help build one network engineered for growth for
all lines of business. Responsibilities associated with the
- Preparing and managing the overall fiber route for all service
- Driving complex projects and programs to achieve targeted and
measured business goals and key objectives.
- Planning and designing additions, upgrades, repairs, and
- Selecting and pricing solutions based on the most effective,
efficient, and timely design.
- Developing and implementing corrective action plans to mitigate
impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Maintaining excellent communication with functional team
members, direct management, and external customers to ensure early
identification of issues a timely reporting of status.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry.
- OSP/ISP engineering experience deploying fiber optic
- Knowledge of engineering principles within OSP/ISP job-related
functional area to include general practices, procedures, and
- Knowledge of engineering/design and review, extensive
construction, field knowledge, and working knowledge with South
Florida city jurisdictions and permitting
- Strong computer skills (e.g., databases, processes, and
- Knowledge of and skill in applications including Word, Excel,
Visio, AutoCAD, Micro station, 3GIS, ArcGIS, Google Earth, and
other OSP telco industry standard software platforms.
- Organizational, interpersonal, negotiation, and operational
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate and present at all
- The ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
simultaneously against deadlines.
- The ability to build sustainable results against established
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to proactively address issues in a high-volume
- Strong leadership skills.
- Fiber optic cable design for an ODN-GPON network.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and
- Knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permits
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Norfolk , Outside Plant Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!