Field Service Technician
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Peraton is seeking a Field Service Technician to perform system installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and testing of fielded and factory systems, based in Hampton, VA.
- Physical installation and base configuration of linux-based servers, networking appliances, encryptors, and various data center support equipment that includes server racks, system cabling, and GPS antennas, as part of a self-contained system at customer sites and in factory.
- Level 2 on-site maintenance of all components of a self-contained system, to include software updates, firmware updates, failed component replacement, and re-cabling.
- Level 2 on-site troubleshooting of all components of a self-contained system, to include software, hardware, networking, and system-level diagnosis and remediation. Submission of Field Service Reports and JIRA trouble tickets.
- Support system regression and user focused testing in factory.
- 3 -5+ years of field maintenance experience
- DoD 8570 IAM Level 1 certification
- Linux System Administration skills (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Networking fundamentals certificate (Juniper, Cisco, CCNA etc)
- Customer-focused attitude
- Ability to travel upwards of 20%. Ability to travel OCONUS
- Capability to work alone and on small teams
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or other technical field of study
- 3+ years of Network Engineering experience
- Experience with ATM networks
This position requires a candidate with an active Top Secret clearance with SCI access.
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nations most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Peraton, Norfolk , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!