Project Manager (Job #6445)
Posted on: March 15, 2023
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Technical Project
Manager for our client in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA area.
* Responsibilities will be to manage a large scale new business implementation - knoweldge of the PMBOK guide required.
* Works with business partners to identify and implement multiple technical projects, as defined by Company methodology, such as: broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, building enterprise applications, or data warehouse planning and development.
* Direct system analysts, software designers, and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives.
* Works with moderate guidance and is responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
* Operates within defined parameters using project management methodology.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages the development of a prescribed planning document.
* Develops project charter.
* Partners with sponsors to secure project approval.
* Develops communication management plan.
* Defines project team roles and responsibilities.
* Develops work plan structure and project schedule.
* Develops deployment plan.
* Leads project meetings.
* Identifies, documents, and prioritizes scope changes and facilitates approval process.
* Maintains and updates all project documents.
* Secures the appropriate skill sets for project.
* Sets and manages expectations with resource managers and team members.
* Provides performance feedback to team members and resource managers.
* Maintains issue log.
* Facilitates resolution of issues.
* Executes communication plans.
* Regularly reports status of reports.
* Manages and monitors ROI throughout the project lifecycle.
* Tracks and manages time and budget against plan.
* Develops testing strategy.
* Conducts project close-out activities.
* Prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints.
* Obtains/secures and archives necessary approvals.
* Manages and updates project plan.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Requires BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus degree.
* 3-5 years? experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development.
* Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* Minimum of 5 years? experience in project management during which at least 3 years are spent working in a lead role on one or more projects.
* Project Management Professional certification (PMP) Preferred. (But it is required within 1 year of job placement and prior to moving to next level.)
* Project management professional (PMP) with at least 5 years of implementing large scale projects.
* MS project server experience.
* Demonstrated application of project management methodology required.
* Knowledge or experience with project management tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
* Requires an understanding of the overall organization.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager for our client in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA area.
Keywords: , Norfolk , Project Manager (Job #6445), IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
here to apply!