Oracle Database Administrator
Company: ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Oracle Database AdministratorLocation: Norfolk, VA
(Onsite)Clearance: SecretJob Summary:Seeking an experienced Oracle
Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team to ensure management,
growth, and sustainment of an in-place Oracle 19 RDBMS. The DBA
will support a team of Web Application and Database developers,
coordinate with network and systems administrators, and maintain
compliance and communication with our Information System Security
Manager (ISSM). We are seeking a DBA who is excited about taking on
technical challenges, enjoys working as part of a team, and enjoys
solo challenges.Essential Functions :
- Create, manage, and maintain all databases required for
supported software and data products.
- Work with systems and networks administration staff to perform
capacity planning in support of database performance.
- Perform ongoing tuning of existing Oracle databases.
- Install, configure, and secure new versions of Oracle RDBMS and
appliances as needed for growth.
- Perform regular patches to Oracle RDBMS software and appliances
as they are released.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation for security,
configuration, and management processes.
- Coordinate with command stakeholders to control migration of
programs, database, reference data, and menu changes throughout the
Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Coordinate with ISSM in documenting, implementing, mitigating,
and enforcing security for all Oracle databases and appliances to
ensure DISA STIG compliance.
- Ensure maximum performance and and uptime of all
- Enforce and maintain database constraints to ensure database
- Administer all database objects including containers, schemas,
tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages, and
- Troubleshoot problems related to databases, appliances, and
database dependent development tools.Required Knowledge, Skills,
- Strong oral and written communication skillsRequired Education,
Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience:
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) (Desired)
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in Oracle DBA
- 5+ years in Data Requirements Analysis and Database
- CompTia Security+ certification
- Demonstrated experience across all functions of database
management: creating, upgrading, migrating, patching,
implementing/mitigating DISA STIGs, backups, restoration, recover,
and performance tuning
- Demonstrated experience managing database objects/database
design: writing stored procedures and triggers; creating database
objects and constraints for application requirement; implementing
roles/priveleges; etc.Physical Job Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary
position (standing and/or seated) more than half the time.
- This position requires the ability to spend more than half the
time viewing computer monitors.Clearance Requirements:
- US Citizenship is required
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required
- Must be able to obtain DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI
eligibilityABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled
Keywords: ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc., Norfolk , Oracle Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!