Sr Web Developer
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Web Developer - 6 mo C-H (REPLACING (693764))Marie V. McDemmond
Center for Applied Research
555 Park Ave, Suite 401, Norfolk, VA 23504 -RATE: $50.00 per/hour
*Pls read the info around the NSU bkground chk bf submitting!ON
SITE: 3 days/week required
Duration: 6 mo C- H
Must be interested and eligible for FTE role after 6 months -
*Important to note before submitting:
IF SELECTED, in addition to the compliance items required in
Vector, NSU runs a separate criminal background check that goes
back to the age of 18 yrs that your candidate must also pass. Any
felonies that appear on their record, from the age of 18 forward,
will result in removing them immediately from consideration. No
exceptions! NSU check is IN ADDITION to what is required in Vector.
Pls make sure you are sharing this informatiion before you submit
them to avoid time wasted. To be clear: this means if there are ANY
felony OR misdemeanor convictions in their past from age 18 yrs
forward - they will not pass the NSU check - please do not submit
ALSO: Parking is NOT provided for contractors and there is a cost
they will incur if selected.You (as their vendor) can choose to
assist with this cost. If selected for IV, Mgr will discuss parking
rates (there are monthly/quarterly options). See details under
Questions for more details re cost.
LASTLY: Holiday Breaks: Days where the University is closed and
contractor will not be able to work/enter hours. - The University
will be closed on the following days: Nov 23, 2022 -half-day ; Nov.
24-25 2022 ; Dec. 23-29 2022 ; Jan. 2, 2023; Jan. 16, 2023. Pls
share with your candidate.
Conversion Salary: Commensurate with experience and performance but
range is between $80K - $90K with full state benefits.
About the Role/Day to Day
Duties and responsibilities:
* Write custom code and rebrand existing websites and
* Design and recommend improvements to new and existing
* Assist in troubleshooting issues on web-based systems.
* Test and give feedback on new and existing technologies.
* Create and maintain software documentation.
* Monitor web applications to provide health of the
* Take the initiative to find answers independently.
* Must be dependable (attendance and punctuality) and manages time
effectively and efficiently.
* Follows established safety practices or corrects unsafe practices
on the job.
* Weekly meetings with the staff to identify goals and
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Web Applications Manager
or Director of Enterprise
- - - - Applications.
* Candidate will be working with Hyland Onbase DMS, TDX by Team
Dynamics, PowerApps and
- - - - SharePoint to create automated workflows. Workflows at
times may need to interface with the University
- - - - ERP, independent/silo-ed databases, or with each other.
* - - - Contract to hire must be eligible for hire after 6 months.
-Required : 5 years
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field
and four years of industry experience.
- Thorough functional knowledge of the following technologies:
- Software capabilities should include SQL Server, GitLab, Visual
Studio, and IDEs such as Eclipse or similar software.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels,
both verbally and in writing; comprehend and follow detailed
- WordPress, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility, .NET
(C#) and API knowledge may be useful.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related field with
two years of industry experience. - -
Keywords: SilverXis,Inc, Norfolk , Sr Web Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!