SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a MongoDB DBA/Architect
for our client in the Norfolk, VA area.
The incumbent will participate in technical research and
development to enable continuing innovation for the Client?s online
business services, while ensuring that all database software
systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
* Support existing database systems, including traditional RDBMS
such as Oracle/MySQL and more modern, document-oriented, data
stores of Apache Solr and MongoDB.
* Responsible for the installation, configuration, operation, and
maintenance of all database software and related
* Work closely with management and other members of the team to
both implement and ensure timely completion of goals and
* Stay current with emerging technologies and procedures and make
opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated
approaches for database administration tasks.
* Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide
economies of scale.
* Bachelor?s degree with a technical major such as engineering or
* 2+ years of general database administration experience focused on
any modern RDBMS or NoSQL database software.
* 2+ years of experience with Linux based operating systems.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia,
Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer