Software Engineer - Networking
Company: JT4, LLC
Posted on: July 30, 2022
As JT4 continues to grow, we are hiring Network Engineers for
either Nellis AFB located in Nevada or Edwards AFB located in
California. This position requires experience with different types
of telecommunications and networking equipment across associated
transport technologies. A strong understanding of telecommunication
systems used to transmit voice, data and video across digital and
fiber optic WAN/LAN infrastructure is also necessary. The ideal
- Apply technical knowledge of telecommunication networking and
transport equipment to solve complex problems utilizing diagrams,
schematics, test equipment, and engineering data.
- Works as a team member on projects and tasks providing computer
hardware and operating system solutions for the team or task.
- Performs the daily operational support on various networks to
include system security, access, configuration, backups and
- Specifies network requirements, monitors performance,
troubleshoots networking hardware and ensures system is working
properly according to specifications and parameters.
- Install, configure and maintain various types of digital and
optical transport equipment. Common equipment includes switches,
routers, and OTN on CISCO & Brocade.
- Possess a strong understanding of Layer 2/3 networking
- Utilizes network management software and diagnostic tools to
diagnose, configure and review configurations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues on OTN, switches and
routers. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES Each employee must read,
understand, and implement the general and specific operational,
safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans,
procedures, and policies pertaining to the employee's job. WORKING
CONDITIONS Some weekend and shift work may be required. Occasional
travel, possibly overnight, to remote facilities for training or
mission support may be required. The selected individual must be
able to lift 20 lbs.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in associated discipline from an accredited
academic institution or equivalent experience through technical
training, completion of a recognized certification program, or
experience. A minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience are
required for this position.
- Experience with Structured Cabling (copper and fiber
- Be able to demonstrate experience with the following protocols:
- Spanning Tree (802.1W)
- Experience with Visio
- Experience with WireShark
- The ideal candidate would also have experience with:
- NX OS
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain Security+
certification within a reasonable amount of time.
- At a minimum the candidate will possess an active CCNA
certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance. Must be
a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess a valid state issued driver's license.
Keywords: JT4, LLC, Norfolk , Software Engineer - Networking, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!