Computer Lab Assistant, Community Corrections
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Join Our Team. Get a Sign-On Bonus. New employees hired into
full-time, eligible positions between April 1, 2022, and December
31, 2022, will receive an award up to $500.At CoreCivic, we care
for people! CoreCivic is currentlyseeking a Computer Lab
Assistant,Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the
highest qualitycare in a residential setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivicis the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured
corrections anddetention management services and residential and
non-residential transitioncenters. We provide effective
programsthat enhance public safety and prepare individuals for
success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee,CoreCivic operates
more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50community
residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven
by a deep sense ofservice, high standards of professionalism, and a
responsibility to better thepublic good.
What We Have:
- Morethan just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportiveenvironment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensivebenefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO& paid holidays.
- Paidjob training & other great incentives.What You Get To
Changethe lives of those in your care!
The Computer Lab Assistant,Community Corrections assists in the
transition of adult residents to theircommunity by providing basic
technical assistance to allow for better access tocommunity
programs, job searches and applications. Provides a working
knowledge of basic PC computer skills such as using a mouse,
keyboard,computer and printer. Monitors anddevelops additional
basic computer software and program knowledge toinclude internet
programs such as Internet Explorer, email communicationoptions and
- Provides assistance to adult residents in the utilization of
computer equipment to ensure access to community resources such as
programs, job searches and applications. May need to register new
residents, set up user profile and provide login steps to begin use
of technology resources.
- Uses modeling to train and advance resident skills in areas
such as word processing and resume development, online
applications, attachments and uploading of resumes through email
and job portals.
- Creates and distributes instructional tools for the ongoing
development of resident computer skills. Identifies current and
relevant material to meet resident needs and objectives.
- Communicates with resident Case Managers to become familiar
with resident objectives. Identify common online resources and
tools for residents to meet achieve set objectives. Assists to set
up resident email accounts, job board profiles, program resource
- Understands and evaluates necessary areas ofdevelopmental based
resident feedback and experiences. With approval of facility
management,delivers basic instructional sessions for residents
looking to advance specificPC skills.Qualifications
- High School diploma,GED certification or equivalent is
- Knowledge of computer hardware andsoftware programs such as
Microsoft Office, internetapplications, email systems, and other
basic computer functions is required.
- Must haveability to explain basic technical issues clearly and
work with a varied rangeof skills. Ability todemonstrate customer
service skills in managing difficult residents.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally andin writing and apply
problem solving techniques.
- A valid driver's license is required.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free
Workplace& EOE including Disability/Veteran
Keywords: CoreCivic, Norfolk , Computer Lab Assistant, Community Corrections, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!