Division Manager, Technical Solutions
Company: THOR Solutions, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
THOR Solutions is actively seeking an experienced Technical
Solutions Division Manager. The Division Manager will reside at
THOR's Virginia Beach, VA office and will oversee contracts and
subcontracts with work performed in the following
- Norfolk, VA
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Newport, RI
- Groton, CT
- Portsmouth, NH / Kittery, ME
The Division Manager will oversee a range of programs covering a
wide variety of technical, financial, logistical, and professional
support services, with the assistance of one or more
Program/Project Managers. They will also be responsible for
spearheading business development initiatives for the Division,
working with the THOR Chief Growth Officer (CGO) to identify and
capture new business. In addition, the Division Manager will have
management responsibilities for physical THOR offices located in
Virginia Beach, VA and Newport, RI, ensuring that all safety,
occupational health, and security compliance postures are
The ideal candidate will possess experience managing U.S. Navy/U.S.
Coast Guard/DoD contract execution, including overseeing tasking
and personnel; interacting closely with Government customers;
managing products and deliverables; managing and tracking financial
expenditures; and maximizing customer satisfaction levels.
The candidate's responsibilities may include (but are not limited
to) the following:
- Lead overall Division operations, coordinating with Operations
Managers, Program/Project Managers and Team Managers; as well as
direct and indirect personnel across multiple contracts and
- Develop and execute short and long-range strategies at the
Division and program level for financial, program, and business
- Ensure completion of tasking and contractual requirements as
efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Manage Division business development and growth activities in
cooperation with the THOR Chief Growth Officer, Chief Operating
Officer, and THOR Business Development Team. Maintain a contract
opportunity pipeline, lead capture efforts for pertinent
opportunities, and support capture activities within other THOR
- Proactively build relationships internally and externally with
Company leadership, customers, and partners on multiple
- Represent the Division and the Company at local and national
industry events, developing and nurturing partnerships.
- Develop and adhere to delivery schedules and Plans of Action
and Milestones (POAMs) to ensure customer deliverables and
reporting requirements are met.
- Prepare and update Division and program plans, as well as
monitor progress and performance against these plans.
- Evaluate and approve decisions that substantially impact the
scope, budget, or schedule of the overall Division and individual
- Regularly review status of internal and external Division and
- Track Division and program financial data; develop sound,
accurate projections; and present findings to THOR's Executive
- Ensure 100% compliance with all contract cost, schedule and
- Interface with Government customers on a working level to
ensure quality and expectations are met, and proper procedures are
followed per the customer's instructions.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Must already possess or be able to qualify for a SECRET
security clearance upon hire, and maintain it for the duration of
- An ideal candidate will already possess an active SECRET
Preferred Education, Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant business or technical
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, the following alternative
credentials may be considered:
- A lesser degree combined with formal, documented leadership
training while serving in the military
- A lesser degree combined with additional years of relevant
experience above the minimum required.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive, relevant business
experience. Examples of relevant experience include:
- Operating a portfolio of DoD and/or Maritime (e.g., Navy, Coast
Guard, Military Sealift Command) programs in services-based
environments comprised of multiple contract types (e.g., CPFF,
CPIF, FFP, T&M).
- Performing personnel and/or project leadership roles while
serving in the military.
- Managing and growing all aspects of a business unit
successfully, including customers, people, programs, financials,
and new business.
- Working and negotiating with customers to secure program
portfolio growth through modifications, re-competes, takeaways, and
- Experience leading a geographically distributed workforce
supporting a diverse set of technical requirements in multiple
disciplines and markets
- Engaging daily with company C-Suite and extensive experience
with military, government, and contractor senior executives.
- Prior Business Development, Proposal Development, and Proposal
Writing experience is a plus.
- Experience using common software productivity tools including
Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams, and Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience interacting with Government customers and
contractor/subcontractor peers to maintain smooth operation of
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills, and the ability to
work with & oversee a team of peers and subordinates.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking
Typical Physical Activity
- Essential functions typically include (but are not limited to):
typing, hearing, standing, talking, and vision.
- Travel is estimated at 10-20%.
THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for
employment, without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to
obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be
granted to U.S. citizens.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees
are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18,
2022 regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement
(e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as
required by law. If selected for hire, you will be required to be
vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of
vaccination upon start of employment with THOR, or request &
receive approval for an appropriate exception.
Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing
Center for Veteran's Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled
Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical
support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies
and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides
innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering,
project and program management, business and financial management,
technical support, integrated logistics support, training support,
fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and
studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the
nation's most complex military, public sector and industry
THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability,
or status as a protected veteran. THOR complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) is the law.
THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not
discriminate against a qualified applicant because of their status
as a protected veteran, or their relationship or association with a
protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to
request a reasonable accommodation as part the employment selection
process, please contact us at or .
If you would like to view a copy of THOR's affirmative action plan,
please email .
Keywords: THOR Solutions, LLC, Norfolk , Division Manager, Technical Solutions, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!