IT Help Desk Manager
Company: S L Nusbaum Realty Co
Posted on: November 22, 2021
S L Nusbaum Realty Co. is excited to announce an open position
in our IT Department. This job will initially be onsite for the
first couple of months and then hybrid with remote after the
training period. We are located in Norfolk, Virginia in the Wells
Fargo Building.JOB TITLE: Helpdesk ManagerREPORTS TO: IT
DirectorPAYROLL STATUS: ExemptPURPOSE OF POSITION: Technology
- Understand and champion the help desk mission and work with
team members to achieve supporting objectives.
- Manage the help desk team's daily activities.
- Performs in a level 1, team member capacity as required to
ensure team goals and metrics are achieved.
- Manage coverage requirements and issues that affect scheduling
and attendance requirements.
- Assist with supervisory functions including interviewing,
training, career development, issues management, and call
- Function as our main point of contact for user support and
- Monitor and manage help desk service boards and queues to
confirm that service levels and communication expectations are
- Manage the response, dispatch, and escalation of alerts
generated from backup facility and monitoring and management
- Manage the dispatch of service incidents to ensure effective
utilization of help desk, technician, and engineer resources.
- Stay on top of all open service issues and provide timely
status to internal management as necessary.
- Timely follow up and consultation with Engineer and Senior
Engineer team members to ensure that all escalated issues are
addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Remediate failed hardware, application, and operating system
issues and work with vendors to isolate, follow up, and resolve as
- Perform follow up on issues to confirm satisfactory service
delivery and resolution.
- Drive effective approach to problem analysis and issues
- Develop, communicate, and maintain help desk function and role
- Encourage career growth, work with each team member to
establish development objectives, and ensure that daily activities
support development and career interests.
- Foster relationships through timely response, service that
meets their needs, and candid feedback on issues and
- Ensure that team members are following procedures and
performance standards are met. Assist with metrics reporting as
- Provide appropriate communication and status updates to
internal management team.
- Provide 24 x 7 support for client emergency issues resolution
- Perform in a technical lead capacity and provide direction to
team members or engineers as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:REQUIRED:College Degree; 2 years
helpdesk tech experienceMotivated Self-StarterAttention to
DetailsMust be able to work individually and with a Team in a
high-paced, high-volume environment
SOFTWARE USED:Microsoft Products, Internet Explorer, Active
Directory, Exchange Server, SharePoint, Adobe products, Anti-Virus
protection, LogMeIn and other products as needed
HARDWARE USED:HP PCs and laptops, broadband routers, network
switches, multifunction machines, printers
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:Required to bend, stoop, kneel and reach to
diagnose, install and move computers and related peripherals.
Requires ability to move to different work, requires ability to
hear and respond to telephonic and verbal requests for assistance,
requires visual ability to see computer screen, wires, computer
equipment and peripherals.
Keywords: S L Nusbaum Realty Co, Norfolk , IT Help Desk Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!