Lead Software Engineer
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Posted on: November 14, 2021
*Primary Location: *6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Norfolk, VA,
* Division: *Cox Communications
* Job Level: *Individual Contributor
* Travel: *No
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Requisition Number: *217465_87395274
Cox Communications is searching for a hands-on software engineer to
work as part of a cross-functional development team to design,
build, and automate the network forecast, telemetry, performance
monitoring, failure prediction, workflow engine and configuration
management systems for Coxs nationwide IP and Optical backbone. You
will need a good understanding of computer networks, Linux systems,
as well as emerging information management technologies like Big
Data and Machine Learning. This job function resides within the
Network Engineering team which collaborates with various
engineering and operational teams to sustain the best network
experience for our customers. The Network Engineering teams are
responsible for reliability, performance, scalability, quality and
availability of the Nationwide Backbone Network.
* Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:*
* Work on the design, development, testing, and documentation of
new network-focused software applications and automation.
* Lead and propose solution design activities, including data
modeling, data repository, data transformation and analytics.
* Develop and deploy technologies such as RESTful APIs, software
front-ends, and data visualizations to influence internal and
external teams to adopt, support and integrate automation
initiatives directly into operational systems and processes.
* Develop analytics tools to ensure we anticipate and adapt to
changing trends across the network.
* Create actionable recommendations to address changes in network
trends through real-time analysis and modeling of quantitative
* Evaluate new and emerging software technologies for
* Automate and consolidate some existing platforms and tools.
* Create platforms and other application prototypes quickly.
Qualifications: *Minimum: *
* Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
* 8+ years of professional experience in software development.
* Familiarity with the integration of data into operational
processes through the use of RESTful APIs and software
* Experience with two or more of the following programming
* Knowledge and hands on experience with Hadoop, Spark and HBase or
other 'NoSQL platforms for Big Data warehousing and analytics.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to work as
part of cross-functional teams.
* Understanding of basic network fundamentals, including TCP/IP
routing, MPLS, BGP, capacity planning and routing/switching
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, listening, written, and
verbal communication and collaborative skills to work effectively
with teams throughout the organization.
* Excellent presentation skills; ability to distill and present
actionable information from complex research or analysis to both
teammates and leadership.
* Preferred: *
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information
* Experience in software architecture, design, development and
deployment of large and distributed systems.
* Data analytics, data mining, and/or machine learning
* UNIX system administrator background.
* Prior experience working for a network service provider with
99.999% uptime expectations.
Who We Are
* About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
* About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, [visit our benefits
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Norfolk , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!