Software Test Engineer
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Apex Systems is seeking two Software Test Engineers for a local
government client in Norfolk, VA. This role will begin remote due
to COVID but will move back on-site to Norfolk with a part-remote
schedule post-COVID. If interested, please e-mail resumes to Leanne
at Role: Software Test Engineer Location: Remote due to COVID.
Ideal candidate will be local to the Hampton Roads area of VA. No.
of openings: 2 Type: Contract to Hire (12 mo. to permanent) Salary:
$90-$125,000/annual Position : Software Test engineer for
applications and systems software as a member of a software
engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT). Will be responsible for
supporting, planning, coordinating, and executing verification,
validation and testing of application and systems software.
Incumbent must be able to qualify as a DoD Cybersecurity Workforce
member and have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret
clearance. Duties : -Work closely with software developers,
engineers, business analysts, and requirements personnel to plan,
coordinate and execute static analysis and dynamic testing of
systems/software code to verify, validate acceptance and technical
specifications. -Evaluate the test basis and support the refinement
of requirements to ensure testability, clarity and correctness.
-Author and maintain software test cases and procedures in
accordance with organizational policies and procedures. -Conduct
test design activities to identify and create both manual and
automated test cases, test procedures and test scripts traceable to
system requirements. -Assist in the creation of software test plans
to document the overall test strategy, test approach, test process,
test schedule, pass/fail criteria, test environment architecture,
test lab resources. -Conduct static and dynamic testing at all
software testing levels to include integration, functional, system,
and acceptance. -Implement and apply automated testing tools to
support planning, test execution, regression testing, defect
tracking and configuration management. -Work closely with
stakeholders, sponsors, and customers to determine acceptance
criteria and coordinate certification test events with end
- MUST have IAT level II Certification to start (CompTIA Security
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret
- 8+ Years of IT Industry experience.
- Extensive Manual and/or Automated Testing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Knowledge of testing business application and enterprise
- Knowledge of static and dynamic software test activities.
- Knowledge of test automation and using automated test
- Knowledge of waterfall, agile, or incremental software
development life cycle models.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems and database management
- Skilled in utilizing software development management and issue
tracking tools (JIRA).
- Skilled in creating software test plans, test cases, test
procedures, test scripts, and test data conditions.
- Skilled in utilizing testing and application life cycle
management tools (e.g. Micro Focus ALM) to build test suites/sets,
capture test data, and analyze results.
- Skilled at mapping test cases to requirements and providing
input to generate a requirements traceability matrix.
- Skilled in automating test cases using test automation
- Ability to test computer operating systems, database management
systems, and application software integrated on physical and
virtual servers and clients.
- Ability to assess software products for readiness and determine
- Ability to determine test approaches, develop test schedules,
and identify risks associated with testing.
- Ability to capture test data, analyze test results and clearly
communicate (orally and written) findings and/or deficiencies.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with members of a
software development or systems engineering team to accomplish
project team goals and objectives.
- Ability to conduct software/system integration, installation,
configuration, functional, performance, regression and system
recovery testing. EEO Employer Apex Systems is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at or - provided by Dice
Keywords: Apex Systems, Norfolk , Software Test Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!