Company: T. Parker Host
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Position Summary: The IT Manager will maintain the
organization's critical IT infrastructure including network,
servers, and end user hardware supporting operational activities,
and will be responsible for efficient operation of the support
desk. The IT Manager will interface with all levels of the company
and will identify best use of internal and external resources to
provide best in class IT support to the organization. The IT
Manager will identify initiatives that develop and enhance the
organization's use of technology in business operation and will
help set technology strategy for the organization.Core Principles:
All team members must demonstrate an ability to adhere and
understand the core principles of the company. This team member
must be able to provide value and depth to the Core Principles of
- Our people are our greatest assets.
- Their safety is our top priority.
- We provide exceptional service.
- We believe every relationship is important.
- We are detectives, understanding all activities within our
- We know today's opportunities are tomorrow's growth.
- We conduct all business with integrity.
- We build on our legacy.Position Specific Behaviors
- Team player
- Makes decisions and executes quickly
- Honesty and integrity
- Adaptable and flexible
- Collaborative- works well with others
- Excels in high growth, entrepreneurial and meritocratic
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Thrives in a pressurized work environmentDemonstrated
Competencies to be Successful at Host
- Self- starter
- Problem solving
- Customer Focus
- Executing both short-term plans and long-term plans tied to
vision and "big picture" goalsEssential Responsibilities and
Duties:Project Management (33%)
- Build IT infrastructure, ensuring proper systems are in place
while capture configuration changes.
- Manage various IT infrastructure projects. Plan, recommend,
execute, implement, and document improvements and changes in Host's
IT infrastructure and systems.
- Research, identify and recommend IT products and services of
all kinds that improve IT functionality, efficiency and
resiliency.ITSM Development and Sustainment (33%)
- Support implementation of IT Service Management (ITSM)
framework and continuously improve and mature Host processes.
- Improve service, security, business continuity, and efficiency
through various policies and procedures.
- Assist in development of IT budget and adhere to said
- Perform and oversee system management of servers, databases,
enterprise directory services, network equipment, etc., including
implementation of disaster recovery plans and systems.IT Team
Coaching and Management (33%)
- Ensure timely ticket resolution. Support more complicated cases
as needed (Tier 2 and 3).
- Manage and maintain efficiency of help desk employees. Delegate
tickets as mentor and coach to direct reports.
- Identify and report department staffing needs and development
to IT Director.Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
computer science, business administration, public administration,
mathematics or related field preferred
- Five years of experience in technical operations and/or
equivalent combination of training and experience
- Broad knowledge of information technology processing systems,
concepts and methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft windows configuration,
installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of TCP/IP,
networks supporting VOIP telephony, microcomputers and other
- System development, complex project management, knowledge of HP
network hardware, Hyper-V Virtualization, client/server technology
and Internet/intranet experience required
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies. Certified
Onbase Admin desirable
- Highly proficient in MS Office 365.
- Ability to think quickly and creatively to meet the needs of a
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to successful completion of
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include constant
close vision requirements due to extensive computer work.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and navigate
terrain of a marine terminal.
Keywords: T. Parker Host, Norfolk , IT Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!