Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Job #: 1014971
Position: Scrum Master
Location: Norfolk, VA
Type: Contract to hire (6 mo.)
One of Apex's large healthcare clients has a need for a Scrum
Master to join their Mobile and Digital team. They will each be
working on a Scrum team in order to support a consumer-facing
Mobile Application. These scrum teams will be helping the client
move towards both an Android Native and IOS Native platform for
their mobile application.
If interested, please e-mail your resume to
- Guide team and organization on how to use agile/scrum practices
- Evolve the scrum maturity of the team and organization and
coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is
sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Guide team on how to get the most of self-organization and
filling in intentional gaps left in the agile/scrum
- Responsible for the facilitation of daily stand-ups, sprint
planning, sprint demos, retrospectives and decision-making
processes to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation
- Create useful, reliable and practical plans for software
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming
and maintaining the product backlog.
- Remove and/or guide the team to remove impediments by finding
the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be
raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement with an
emphasis on problem-solving.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning,
or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving
transparency, and radiating information.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style
whenever possible and leading by example.
- Scrum Certification
- AT LEAST 5 years' experience, 7+ strongly preferred
- Self-motivated personality - personality is huge for this team,
50% of their hiring decision will be based on personality fit
- Experience at large enterprise level
- Experience working in an Agile environment
NICE TO HAVES:
- SAFE certification or SAFE experience
- Enterprise environment experience
- Health care experience
- Mobile experience is a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at 844-463-6178.
Keywords: Apex Systems, Norfolk , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!