Posted on: November 19, 2022
*About Us: *
At Tegra, we create quality apparel for some of the world's largest
athletic brands. We're always looking for new ways to do things -
and the results are amazing.
Every role at Tegra is important and makes an impact on what we do.
From athletic uniforms for professional teams to apparel for
popular athletic brands, you will be proud of the work you do. Our
products touch countless people around the world - and it all
starts with you.
Responsible for assisting with the payroll functions within the US
Tegra locations & administration of all benefits and retirement
programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-
and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan.
_*Job Duties: *_
* Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of payroll including
garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state
wage and hour laws.
* Ensure the processing of employee data and pay changes is
accurate and timely.
* Review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures
in order to recommend and implement changes leading to
* Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
* Communicate actively with other departments to review
cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
* Ensure systems are set up and updated to reflect our current
employee base, including wages, benefits, and PTO time.
* Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports,
including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (gross
payroll, hours worked, PTO accrual, tax deductions, benefits
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments a provide and
provides vendors with accurate eligibility information.
* Assists with new-hire orientations.
* Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
* Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan
* Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines
* Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status
* Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on
plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other
* Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and
disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
* Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate
to leaves of absences/disabilities.
* Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating
to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the
annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
* Assists with the open enrollment process.
* Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
* 3-5 years of payroll & benefits administration experience
* Knowledge of payroll systems
* Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel
* Working experience of payroll tax at the Federal, State and Local
* Must be a team player --- Must be highly organized and detail
* Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
_*Education/Certification Requirements: *_
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Human Resources, Business or
other relevant area or equivalent work experience preferre
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* This is an entry level payroll position that pays $22.75/hour
firm. Is that an acceptable rate for you?
* Paylocity: 1 year (Preferred)
* ADP: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Tegra, Norfolk , Payroll/Benefits Specialist, Human Resources , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!