Diesel Engineer Team Leader SME IV (ERAT)
Company: Life Cycle Engineering
Posted on: February 13, 2019
LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way," which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work!" Learn more below and at www.lce.com.
Diesel Engineer Team Leader SME IV (ERAT)
Life Cycle Engineering is looking for two (2) qualified candidates who will be available to fill full-time vacancies in the May 2018 timeframe. If you are an experienced Diesel Engineer, come join our team in Norfolk, VA.
* Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Perform duties as a member of the Engineering Readiness Assist Team (ERAT) in the capacity of a Marine Diesel Engineer/Technician Subject Matter Expert (SME)
* Provide training and assessments on Steam propulsion systems at the senior technician level (often E7-E9 audience)
* Duties may include interfacing / briefing ship's Command
* Make comprehensive reviews of Current Ship Maintenance Project (CSMP), material condition and provide recommended corrective actions.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
20 Years of Documented Hands-On Experience to include the following
* A minimum of three (3) at-sea tours as a Main Propulsion Assistant and Engineering Department Division Officer
* May be a graduate of the Surface Warfare Officer School Prospective Engineering Officer (PEO) and Advanced Engineering courses of instruction and a minimum of three (3) at-sea tours
* Courses shall include ship class specific Propulsion, Electrical, and Auxiliaries systems along with Engineering Operating Procedures (EOP) and Engineering Operating Casualty Control (EOCC) procedures
* Experience supporting Engineering Readiness Assist Team
* Must have a working knowledge of Navy assessment programs, inspections, visit processes and reporting methods (INSURV, ERAT)
* Relevant experience at senior levels or a key maintenance management / operational / leadership role
* Must have experience in providing training and assessments at the senior technician level (often E7-E9 audience) and ship's wardrooms
* Must have engineering centric background and commensurate experience of a CHENG and/or a Top Snipe on Diesel (LSD/LPD/MCM//PC/LCS) propulsion systems to include demonstrated relevant shipboard experience within the past five (5) years
* If a former Top Snipe, shall have completed the NEC bearing course, been designated by a Commanding Officer, graduate of appropriate A and C schools, and have served in various capacities within a ship's engineering department and completed a minimum of three (3) tours.
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required
* Maneuvering around tight spaces in a shipboard environment
* Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with plan options for the whole family
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more...
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.
Keywords: Life Cycle Engineering, Norfolk , Diesel Engineer Team Leader SME IV (ERAT), Hospitality & Tourism , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!