Executive Catering Chef - Norfolk State University
Company: Thompson Hospitality
Posted on: January 11, 2019
The Executive Chef is responsible for kitchen operations with an emphasis on production, menu compliance, daily operations and menu development. This position reports to the Food Service Director and works closely with the Production Manager. The Executive Chef assists in supporting the highest possible client/customer satisfaction levels, associate relations and unit retention program effectiveness. Assists in the achievement of company and client financial goals.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:The primary responsibility of the Executive Chef is to provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times. Other responsibilities include maintaining and upgrading quality standards and production levels, determining time and sequence of cooking operations to meet meal-serving hours and maintains all company standards and those of regulatory agencies. The Executive Chef also promotes safety and sanitation, inspects kitchen, bakers, and cooking areas for cleanliness, maintains sanitation and safe food handling, establishes and maintains safe practices in the kitchen regarding the operation or equipment and is responsible for compliance with waste disposal and recycling policies.In addition, the Executive Chef directs cooks, bakers, salad prep and other kitchen personnel engaged in preparing, cooking and serving food. The Executive Chef evaluates and solves problems, such as the need to substitute items on menus, reusing cooked food and reducing excess waste and spoilage. The Executive Chef is responsible for all kitchen operations with an emphasis on production, supervision of all stations, catering and menu development, and will work closely with the Catering Chef and Catering Director. Other responsibilities include training associates and monitoring all production aspects to ensure compliance with food sanitation techniques, scheduling associates based on business needs and budget considerations, facilitating all areas of service, developing and promoting associates.Production
- Daily production meeting with key associates.
- Ensure that all aspects of post-production information are completed.
- Present in the kitchen for 60% of the meal.
- Ensure that production sheets and recipes are posted at least three days in advance.Sanitation
- Complete daily checklist and keep on file.
- Compliance with all aspects of HACCP.
- Complete monthly HACCP inspection.
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen throughout the entire workday. Safety
- Attend monthly safety meeting with associates.
- Train associates in areas of safety.Labor
- Post labor schedules in advance.
- Achieve the goal of a 60/40 labor ratio.
- Eliminate unnecessary overtime.
- Cross train associates.Qualifications
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Three to five years of culinary management experience.
- High end catering experience helpful.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Desire to work with an industry leader.
- College experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of current culinary trends.Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Thompson Hospitality, Norfolk , Executive Catering Chef - Norfolk State University, Hospitality & Tourism , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!