Store Manager- New Store Opening
Company: Old Time Pottery
Posted on: November 19, 2022
FLSA:ExemptJOB TITLE: Store ManagerDEPARTMENT: Store
OperationsREPORTS TO:District ManagerGENERAL SUMMARY: Norfolk Store
to open in Spring of 2023. Candidate must be able to travel for up
to 4 weeks for training in December/January.Responsible for the
management of all team members in the effective planning and
implementation of all store processes, including training,
merchandising presentations, staffing and support.DUTIES and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit, select and retain qualified team members according to
federal and state labor laws and company policies; ensure store is
- Provide proper training for team members; conduct performance
evaluations; identify gaps for appropriate solutions and/or
counseling, up to and including termination.
- Make recommendations regarding team member pay rate and
- Communicate performance, conduct and safety expectations
regularly; coordinate meetings and events to encourage safety,
security and policies.
- Ensure that the store is appropriately staffed and effectively
opened and closed each day. The schedule requirement is at least 2
closing shifts per week as well as at least 1 weekend day.
- Ensure execution of major events and company initiatives.
- Facilitate the efficient receiving, flow and stocking of
merchandise by following defined company work processes.
- Ensure that all merchandise is presented according to
established practices; utilize merchandise fixtures properly
including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by controlling damages,
markdowns, pricing, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Ensure the financial integrity of the store through strict
cashier accountability, key control and adherence to stated company
security practices and cash control procedures.
- Provide superior customer service leadership inclusive of
front-end initiatives and Customer VIP sign up.
- Ensure that store is adequately equipped with tools necessary
to perform required tasks.
- Ensure store staff executes company policies, processes and
procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual,
Team Member Handbook and company communications; ensure team member
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to
guidelines and deadlines.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized store; facilitate a safe and
secure working and shopping environment.KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Proficient in reading, speaking, and writing English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions to generate
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling, and
termination practices including legal compliance and internal
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
practices (deposits, store keys, CALL program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of
situations.WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Three years + of management experience in a retail environment
- Big box retail management is preferred.COMPETENCIES:
- Aligns motives, values and beliefs with Old Time Pottery, LLC
values and culture.
- Supports ownership by tapping into the potential of
- Acts as a liaison between the corporate office and store team
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration.
- Interacts with staff tactfully yet directly and maintains an
open forum of communication.
- Demonstrates responsiveness and sensitivity to customer
- Applies basic principles of retail (i.e., peak inventories,
merchandise flow, etc.)
- Provides continuous attention to development of staff.
- Recruits, hires and trains qualified applicants to fulfill a
- Ensures store compliance to federal labor laws and company
policies and procedures.
- Prepares for training and evaluates impact of training.
- Presents information thoroughly and in accordance with the
- Evaluates participant's knowledge and skills before and after
training.WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constant walking and standing.
- Frequent and repeated bending/twisting, from the waist to stock
merchandise, unload trucks or assist customers.
- Frequent handling or grasping of merchandise and equipment such
as pricing guns, box cutters, stocking carts, pallet jacks and
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 25 pounds from floor to
- Frequent carrying of merchandise of up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional and proper lifting of up to 25 pounds from waist to
- Occasional squatting and kneeling to stock merchandise, unload
trucks or assist customers.
- Occasional work above the waist and/or shoulder.
- Occasional climbing - ascending/descending using a ladder.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasional driving/providing own transportation to make bank
deposits, attend management meetings and to other Old Time Pottery
- Gross handling/finger dexterity.
- Forcible push/pull of up to 200 pounds of force using large
material handling equipment.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.Date: 09/2020This
job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for
the above referenced position and is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. Job responsibilities may be
subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or
other reasons. An Associate should perform all duties as assigned
by his/ her supervisor.
Keywords: Old Time Pottery, Norfolk , Store Manager- New Store Opening, Hospitality & Tourism , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!