Craft Supervisor I - Rigging Shop (2nd Shift)
Company: BAE Systems USA
Posted on: September 6, 2020
Job Description Craft Supervisor Overview
The Craft Supervisor oversees the daily work performed in the Craft
Supervisors assigned Shop. The Craft Supervisor is responsible for
assigning and monitoring the completion of work, as well as
providing technical assistance, and generally managing the
workforce within the Shop. The Craft Supervisor is expected to
identify and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to support
the timely and effective completion of assigned tasks. This
includes ensuring that company policies and practices are followed
in all phases of project performance and personnel-related
functions, including but not limited to the hiring and supervision
of union employees, employee performance management, terminations,
promotions and demotions. The Craft Supervisor also is responsible
for ensuring that employees comply with Company policies and
procedures, and the requirements of the Collective Bargaining
Agreement (CBA). The Craft Supervisor reports directly to the Craft
Some of the key Craft Supervisor duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that the Shop is pursuing Company goals for Safety,
Quality and Productivity.
- Developing and/or reviewing project schedules and budgets
during the planning phase.
- Allocating personnel and resources to efficiently support all
contracts (including shift work).
- Overseeing and monitoring schedule performance, including
review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigation of late
activities, project supervision, and the development of practical
- Monitoring and evaluating project budget performance, including
review of ongoing and upcoming projects, development of
productivity enhancements and investigation of over-budget
- Monitoring productivity across all shifts, including the amount
and type of work assigned as well as the quality and quantity of
- Performing personnel related functions including, but not
limited to, the supervision of employees, performance management,
workforce reductions, promotions, demotions and discipline.
- Ensuring that employees understand and adhere to Company
- Training and motivating employees in the areas of technical
knowledge, safety, environmental and communication.
- Ensuring that requirements of the labor agreement are
Required Skills and Education The required skills and
qualifications vary depending on the Shop and Supervisor position,
but generally include:
- High school or equivalent degree.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the trade.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the relevant trade.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, supervise, and direct
the work of other employees in the relevant trade or industry.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in making operations and
- Proficient computer skills required including experience with
Microsoft Office programs and similar software.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
The Craft Supervisor position is a non-bargaining position. Please
note that each specific Craft Supervisor position may have
additional or different skills, responsibilities, and
qualifications based on the shop in which the Craft Supervisor
works. The Company also may, in its discretion, modify the skills,
responsibilities, and qualifications for Craft Supervisors at any
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services
(P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the
armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval
ship repairjust to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work
they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day,
building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We
may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work
around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our
employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of
strength. Were laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard
every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can
innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but
you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and
collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Keywords: BAE Systems USA, Norfolk , Craft Supervisor I - Rigging Shop (2nd Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!