Sentara Life Care - Staff Development Coordinator, RN Norfolk
Company: Sentara Healthcare
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Job Description: Conducts needs assessments and staff training especially for the nursing department but also for all other SLC staff. Maintains the education program according to established standards to increase staff awareness and effectiveness. Establishes and maintains educational records including orientation for scanning into electronic HR files. Education Level RN-Bachelor s Level Degree Experience Required: Frail and Elderly Population 2 years, Long Term Care Nursing 2 years, Teaching 2 years Preferred: None, unless noted in the Other section below License Required: Registered Nurse Preferred: None, unless noted in the Other section below Skills Required: Active Listening, Communication, Instructing, Learning Strategies, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Technology/Computer Preferred: None, unless noted in the Other section below Other Location: Sentara Life Care Norfolk is about 5 miles from downtown Norfolk where you can enjoy shopping at MacArthur Mall, which is around the corner from the Scope where live concerts are preformed regularly; you can take guided tours of the largest naval station in the world, view over 30,000 objects at the Chrysler Museum of Art and take a stroll through the beautiful Norfolk Botanical Garden or visit the Virginia Zoo and take in a baseball game at Harbor Park. Only 9 miles from the Virginia Beach Ocean Front Area. The coastal city of Virginia Beach lies where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean with 14 miles of open public beaches with no fees and steps away from the calming waters of the bay.
Sentara Benefits: Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We re setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For more information about our employee benefits, CLICK HERE ! Join our team, where we are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development, growth! Keyword: RN, Registered Nurse, long term care Sentara Lifecare is currently seeking a Registered Nurse as a Staff Development Coordinator in the Norfolk Facility! Full Time, Day Shift About Lifecare: Sentara Life Care Norfolk Nursing Center is in the process of making some EXCITING changes. We invite you to be a part of the CHANGES we will make to benefit our staff, leaders, customers and the families that we serve! Our 100 bed facility will be designated into two distinct Units:
- Specialized Respiratory/ventilator program Unit (36 patients of Respiratory/high level care)
- Long Term Care Unit: Approximately 64 patients We are creating, smaller care units which enable patient care to have:
- Consistent leadership and staffing for patients
- More cohesive work team environment
- Improve workflow and processes
- Improved communication with family and friends of patients At Sentara, we believe that aging and good health should go hand in hand. That s why we offer the most integrative system of senior services in the region from day program to nursing homes. We view each day as another opportunity to be better. To provide patient care that is unmatched, every time. And to give you every occasion to further your career. If you are ready to raise your career to the next level, you can do it here. Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care unit, domiciliary, intensive, psychatric, psychiatric, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse
Keywords: Sentara Healthcare, Norfolk , Sentara Life Care - Staff Development Coordinator, RN Norfolk, Healthcare , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!