Sentara Life Care - Admissions Nurse, RN Norfolk
Company: Sentara Healthcare
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Job Description: Registered Nurse that is responsible for clinical supervision of LPNs and CNAs on the shift for a specific unit. Act as the charge nurse for the unit especially on shifts when no Clinical Manager, DON, or ADON are on site. Education Level RN-Associates Degree OR RN-Bachelors Level Degree OR RN-Diploma (Non-degree) OR RN-Masters Level Degree Experience Required: None, unless noted in the Other section below Preferred: Long Term Care Nursing Previous experience License Required: Registered Nurse Preferred: Basic Life Support Skills Required: Preferred: None, unless noted in the Other section below Other Use of medical/nursing equipment required. American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification within 90 days of hire.As you may know, Sentara Healthcare requires all Diploma and Associates Program RNs to sign an agreement that they will obtain their BSN within 5 years of employment with Sentara Healthcare. At this time,Sentara Life Care has lifted that requirement. If you are an Associate/Diploma RN that doesnt wish to go back to for their BSN at this time,APPLY NOW!
Location: Sentara Life Care Norfolk is about 5 miles from downtown Norfolk where you can enjoy shopping at MacArthur Mall, which is around the corner from the Scope where live concerts are preformed regularly; you can take guided tours of the largest naval station in the world, view over 30,000 objects at the Chrysler Museum of Art and take a stroll through the beautiful Norfolk Botanical Garden or visit the Virginia Zoo and take in a baseball game at Harbor Park. Only 9 miles from the Virginia Beach Ocean Front Area. The coastal city of Virginia Beach lies where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean with 14 miles of open public beaches with no fees and steps away from the calming waters of the bay.
Sentara Benefits: Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. Were setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For more information about our employee benefits, CLICK HERE !Join our team, where we are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development, growth!
Sentara Lifecare is currently seeking a Registered Nurse/Admissions Nurse for our Norfolk facility! Flexi/PRN, Weekend Shift About Lifecare: Sentara Life Care Norfolk Nursing Center is in the process of making someEXCITINGchanges. We invite you to be a part of theCHANGESwe will make to benefitour staff, leaders, customers and the families that we serve!Our 100 bed facility will be designated into two distinct Units:
- Specialized Respiratory/ventilator program Unit (36 patients of Respiratory/high level care)
- Long Term Care Unit: Approximately 64 patients We are creating, smaller care units which enable patient care to have:
- Consistent leadership and staffing for patients
- More cohesive work team environment
- Improve workflow and processes
- Improved communication with family and friends of patients At Sentara, we believe that aging and good health should go hand in hand. Thats why we offer the most integrative system of senior services in the region from day program to nursing homes. We view each day as another opportunity to be better. To provide patient care that is unmatched, every time. And to give you every occasion to further your career. If you are ready to raise your career to the next level, you can do it here. Come be a part of Sentara Lifecares dynamic team! Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, coronary, infusion, neonatal, nurse clinical, nurse rn, staff nurse, surgery, surgical
Keywords: Sentara Healthcare, Norfolk , Sentara Life Care - Admissions Nurse, RN Norfolk, Healthcare , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!