Qualified Mental Health Professional
Company: Behavioral Health Services of VA
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Description:Behavioral Health Services of Virginia is actively
seeking qualified mental health professionals (QMHPs) who are
passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of others.
If you possess exceptional attention to detail and a genuine desire
to help, then we would love to hear from you. Our organization
offers unparalleled opportunities for continuous training, a steady
flow of motivated clients that align with your interests, a range
of quality benefits, and regular prospects for career growth. We
are specifically looking for dedicated and passionate QMHPs to join
our team in providing Mental Health Skill Building Services and
Intensive In-Home Services. The ideal candidate will be able to
handle a full caseload of 30-40 hours per week and should embrace
the opportunity to work for a rapidly expanding Behavioral Health
- Provide direct care to program participants.
- Progress notes and assists with gathering information for
- Maintain a caseload of multiple clients.
- Reduce the risk of out-of-home placement or assist in the
return from out-of-home placement.
- Attend weekly supervision with the Clinical Supervisor.
- Demonstrates an awareness, appreciation, and respect for
diverse cultures and individual differences of clients and fellow
- Utilizes approved skills curriculum with youth, adults, and
families to help improve behavior.
- Keeps the family and team members informed on progress toward
achieving Service/Treatment Plan goals.
- Maintains accurate and concise documentation of all services,
contacts, and collaboration with clients, families, and community
partners. All documentation must be submitted to the supervisor
within 24 hours after the service has been delivered.
- Provides or secures support and crisis/emergency services for
the youth, adult, and family by phone contact or in-person.
- Maintains all client documentation in the electronic record
system and ensures adherence to requirements set forth in all state
and federal rules and regulations.
- Completes other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in psychology or a human services-related
- Must hold current registration as a QMHP from the Virginia
Department of Health Professions
- At least one year of experience providing mental health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a
- Flexible schedule tailored to individual needs
- Personalized mentoring and support from experienced
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, and matching 401K
- CEUs provided for license renewal
- Collaborative team atmosphere focused on continuous learning
and growth.This is an excellent opportunity.Compensation details:
22-25 Hourly WagePI13d42753a283-31181-33501307
Keywords: Behavioral Health Services of VA, Norfolk , Qualified Mental Health Professional, Healthcare , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!