Copy of Clinical Research Coordinator - Entry Level.
Company: Virginia Eye Consultants
Posted on: September 17, 2022
SUMMARYOversees details of studies. Ensures compliance with
study review board and monitors.Demonstrates quality patient
service during interactions with patients, coworkers, and
- Exhibits a positive attitude and is flexible in accepting work
assignments and priorities
- Meets attendance and tardiness expectations
- Is dependable; follows policies and procedures
- Maintains professionalism in interactions with patients and
- Performs quality work and consistently exhibits initiative
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate protocols; assist in study selection;
correspond/coordinate with the sponsor/CRO; prepare study
- Prepare/manage site for clinical research studies, create
study-specific source document binders for each subject including
appointment calendar for study visits and enrollment logs; prepare
for monitor visits including initiation, interim, and close-out
visits; create protocols for Investigator Initiated Trials.
- Conduct in-services for study staff, review GCP guidelines,
maintain GCP &/or CITI certification; obtain/maintain
study-specific examiner certification as required by protocol for
participating study staff; attend study coordinator meetings.
Conduct in-services for study staff, appointment/surgery
schedulers, and surgery staff, etc.
- Participate in subject recruitment, advertising, patient
education/subject consent process, enrollment process, & follow-up
- Maintain regulatory documents including those items required
for study site, sponsor, and IRB for initiation, interim reports,
and close-out documentation.
- Conduct clinical research as outlined in the study protocol;
maintain knowledge of clinical research issues; follow GCP
guidelines; implement confidentiality and privacy regulations.
- Perform study-specific testing/exams, administer
questionnaires/surveys per protocol guidelines; document
- Complete study source documentation; complete/submit case
report forms via courier service, fax, or electronic data capture;
dispense/collect study drug/device as outlined in the study
protocol; maintain study supplies, study drug/device accountability
logs, and calibration logs.
- Assist in classifying and reporting Adverse Events and Serious
Adverse Events to sponsor and IRB; manage follow-up care; report
relevant events and/or resolution.
- Coordinate financial agreements, study budgets, and subject
stipends with financial officer and sponsor.
- Other duties as assigned.JOB QUALIFICATIONS To perform the job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty and responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable
accommodation. The requirements below are representative of the
minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Position requires at least high school graduate. College grad
- Position also requires CCRC or higher.
- A strong working knowledge of ocular anatomy and common
diseases and conditions typically obtained by having at least 1
year of ophthalmic or optometric experience is required.
- Must have at least 1 year of ophthalmic technician experience
typically acquired through working in an ophthalmic or optometric
- This position requires an organized, inquisitive and detail
oriented individual who is proficient in spreadsheet and word
- Being comfortable working in a team environment, being open to
working in varying roles and traveling to various locations is
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Position also requires CCRC or higher.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSIndicate the amount of time spent for each activity
required as it relates to the essential functions.
% of Time
% of Time
Vision color vision
Vision depth perception
Vision peripheral vision
Vision ability to adjust focus
Fine Motor Skills
Use of Hands
Other (please describe)
Location: Work takes place in a normal office environment. Travel
to other CVP locations may be necessary to fulfill essential duties
and responsibilities of the job. Thus, those needing to travel for
work must have access to dependable transportation, and driving
record must meet company liability carrier standards.
Exposure: Works in normal office environment during normal business
hours. May be exposed to blood or bodily fluids. May also be
exposed to various cleaning supplies.Equipment: The equipment
typically used in this position is a computer, fax, copier,
printer, scanner and telephone. Must have good working knowledge of
Word, Excel and Access. Other equipment may be used as needed.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) follows standard precautions
using personal protective equipment.
DISCLAIMERThis job description is intended to convey information
essential to understanding the current scope of the job and the
general nature and level of work performed by current job holder(s)
within this job. This job description is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties,
responsibilities or working conditions associated with the
position. CVP reserves the right to change the expectations of the
job and assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any
Keywords: Virginia Eye Consultants, Norfolk , Copy of Clinical Research Coordinator - Entry Level., Healthcare , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!