Physician / Psychiatry / Virginia / Permanent / Psychiatrist Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MD/DO - Psychiatrist
Adult Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Whatever your interest, there is something for you!
The Community - Norfolk, VA
Norfolk, Nor-fok, or Naw-fok, no matter how you pronounce it, the
experience will always be the same: fun, vibrant entertainment and
culture, delicious cuisine and 144 miles of shoreline waiting to be
explored! With the Chesapeake Bay, Atlantic ocean and countless
rivers in our backyard, you are never far from the water; you can
experience intense watersports, leisurely sails, or simply enjoy
the view. Take a tour of the Elizabeth River harbor on a majestic
tall ship, sip on some of the best wines around at Mermaid Winery,
Virginia's very first urban winery, or watch world-renowned artists
blow glass at the Chrysler Museum Glass Studio. If history is your
thing, sign up for a boat or land tour of the world's largest Naval
Base, stop by the MacArthur Memorial, or walk the Cannonball Trail.
You can jam out to some of the nation's best music at the NorVA,
named "Venue that Rocks the hardest by Rolling Stones magazine.
There are antique shops, coffee houses & breweries galore in the
hip, historic Ghent district just a few minutes from downtown. And
Norfolk is friendly to our local environment with more than 45
registered LEED buildings as well as hotels, restaurants and
attractions participating in the Virginia Green program. There is
truly something for everyone here!
Sewell's Point Branch Health Clinic
Sewell's Point Branch Health Clinic in Norfolk, Virginia has
proudly served the military and their families since 1830 making it
the Navy's oldest continuously running hospital in the Navy medical
system. Nationally acclaimed, this state of the art medical center
with ten branch clinics offers premier research and teaching
programs designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital
corpsmen for the future. This patient driven TRICARE facility is
entrusted with the health readiness of the United States armed
forces. Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, proudly serving those who
serve us so well.
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Evaluate and treat adults in an outpatient setting.
- Provide on-call services for general psychiatry patients.
- Provide on-call services for inpatient general psychiatry on
weekends/holidays. NMC Portsmouth has approximately 32 inpatient
- Provide a full range of physician services, in accordance with
the core privileges.
- Technically direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of
other health care professionals seeing patients within the scope of
their clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including
annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills
through education and counseling.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable. Request consultation or
referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health
resources as indicated.
- Technically direct and teach other medical staff, and provide
educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service
training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction
will adhere to government and professional clinical standards and
accepted clinical protocols. This requirement is consistent with
the personal services nature of the contract.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection
control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and
disposal of infectious wastes and the use of universal precautions
to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following
established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential
problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify
supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems
that the Physician is unable to manage.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient
care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy
Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be
limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant
others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
- Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for
own professional practice.
- Participate in continuing education to meet own professional
- Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required
by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual
training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control,
Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical,
Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all
other required training.
- Actively participate in the command's Performance Improvement
Program. Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care
provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care
delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems
- Participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic
staff members. Provide training and/or direction as applicable to
supporting government employees (e.g., hospital corpsmen, students,
- Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA,
ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information Sys
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Norfolk , Physician / Psychiatry / Virginia / Permanent / Psychiatrist Job, Healthcare , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!