Dining Services Director
Company: Commonwealth Senior Living
Posted on: April 15, 2019
Dining Services DirectorUS-VA-NorfolkJob ID: 2019-4920Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: Dining ServicesCommonwealth
Senior Living at The BallentineOverviewWe are looking for a
culinary leader to join our team! The Dining Services Director
leads the execution of the signature dining services program at the
community. He or she provides friendly, responsive service to
create an exceptional dining experience for all of our residents.
Each Dining Services Director's primary objective is to provide a
memorable dining experience for the residents. They work with their
Dining team to coordinate resident care, resident activities and
grow an extraordinary group of individuals through hiring, training
and scheduling community staff. They are a Culture Ambassador! They
model the core values of the company personally, leading by
example, and ensure all team members exemplify the core values of
the company at all times:
- We Care About People
- We Do the Right Thing
- We are Passionate, Have Fun, and Celebrate Success
- We Speak Up! It's Our Responsibility
- We Take Ownership and Add Value
- We are RespectfulResponsibilities
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals to our residents in a safe
sanitary manner in accordance with Public Health Regulations, and
in compliance with Sanitation Code.
- Prepare food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the
planned menu and written doctors' orders.
- Ensure that the proper quantity of food is prepared and in
accordance with established time schedules.
- Prepare food for special events as instructed by Director.
- Maintain costs within budgeted parameters.
- Use proper technique to taste prepared food to ensure quality
taste and palatability prior to service.
- Maintain the proper temperature of food during preparation and
service. Record temperatures of food according to established
- Report all hazardous and malfunctioning equipment to the
- Make recommendations to the Director regarding improvements in
recipes, menus, productions and service of food, equipment, etc. to
enhance the quality of the food service.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars and in-services,
to keep abreast of current changes in the health care field, as
well as maintain a professional status.
- Assist in scheduling department working hours, personnel, work
assignments, etc. to maintain quality resident care.
- Routinely inspect the dietary area and practices for compliance
with current applicable regulations and as requested by the
- Develop and utilize comprehensive inventory control
- Purchase food, supplies, and equipment, as required to meet the
needs of the department.
- Ensure that a stock of staple/non-staple food, supplies,
equipment, etc., is maintained at adequate levels at all times to
perform departmental functions.
- Ensure that there is always a 72-hour emergency food and
drinking water supply per regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care
information to ensure resident rights are protected.Other duties as
- Certification in the Food Handlers Course (ServSafe--) or
- Previous management experience in the F&B world
- Available to work varied shifts and weekends (No late
- Capable to prepare and serve nutritious meals to our residents;
Prepare food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the
planned menu and written doctors' orders; Prepare food for special
events such as "Family nights" and marketing affairs
- Ability to maintain food and labor costs within budgeted
- Experience with purchasing and inventory
- Schedules department working hours, personnel, and work
assignments to maintain quality resident
- Able to live out Commonwealth Senior Living's Noble selling
purpose - "We improve the lives of seniors, their families, and
each other." PI109220819
Keywords: Commonwealth Senior Living, Norfolk , Dining Services Director, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!