Food Production Manager 2
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Unit DescriptionAre you looking for an outstanding opportunity for career growth?
Currently, Employer Government Services in Norfolk, VA is seeking an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented Food Production Manager 2 to be the key driver of the culinary process at USMC Camp Elmore, VA at Mess Hall 602.
Mess Hall 602 serves an average of 200 meals per day, 365 days per year supporting and serving those who serve our country.
The Food Production Manager 2 must have successful, medium to large volume food production experience and be a true foodie with attention to taste, presentation and customer service. The United Sates Marine Corps has high qaulity level food service expectations and this account will require delivery of exceptional quality food service. Within Government Services, contract compliance is critical; food safety and customer service are high priorities. Extensive safety audits and customer surveys are conducted at each unit on a weekly basis. Employer offers innovative and healthy concepts while keeping to a strict profit and loss financial statement.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Production Manager 2 will lead the culinary team with planning, organizing and managing daily food production. The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the culinary operations , ordering and weekly inventory, among other assigned tasks.
- Managing daily food production that includes production planning, preparation and food safety controls
- Ensuring that Employer Culinary Standards are maintained, which includes recipe compliance, food quality and food safety
- Managing labor and food costs
- Ordering and inventory management
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation
- Support the training and development of the culinary staff
- Support the training and development of the MCFMIS Food System Clerk
Careers in Government and Agencies:
Working for Employer at Government and Agency locations allows you to provide logistical support for combat missions abroad and for day-to-day management during training periods at home. Across America and around the world, our service offering combines facility and food services together as a customer-centric management solution. Today, we are entrusted with a workforce of a quarter million men and women in public service across 150 government sites and agencies. Our teams engage with international alliances and partners to ensure that those we serve have what they need to achieve peak performance.
Working for Employer:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Employer fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Employer a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance every day.
Are you ready to start your Employer career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Employer, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Culinary jobs here.Position SummaryResponsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety. Key Duties- Utilizes Employer resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Employer standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standardsQualifications & RequirementsBasic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent Basic Management Experience - 1 year Employer is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Keywords: Sodexo, Norfolk , Food Production Manager 2, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!