Director of Social Services
Company: Consulate Health Care
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job ID 111236 Position Location US-VA-Norfolk Care Center
Consulate Health Care of Norfolk Job Category Social Services
Position Location : Street 3900 Llewellyn Avenue Position Location
: Zip 23504-1203 Position Status FT is 35+ HOURS WKJob
OverviewPurpose of Your PositionAs Director of Social Services
(Resident & Family Services), you are delegated the administrative
authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for
carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for providing
services to respond to the emotional needs of the residents and
their families.You will also assist with resident admissions and
the referral process. No direct supervisory function.Duties and
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well
as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in
policies and procedures to the Executive Director.
- Implement policies and procedures for the identification of
medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of
the facility and the services and needs of the resident and
- Participate in discharge planning; development and
implementation of social care plans; and resident assessments.
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community
agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the
resident through the development of social service programs.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for social service
deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written
copy of such to the Executive Director.
- Maintain a reference library of written material, laws,
standards of practice, etc., necessary for complying with current
standards and regulations, and that will provide assistance in
maintaining quality social service.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including
identification of resident problems/needs.
- Maintain communications with caseworkers.
- Provide social work consultation to residents, families, and
staff, as required.
- Participate in and/or provide in-service education
- Participate in the quality improvement process of the
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities.
- Director of Resident Services and Family Services II-
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care
Liaison duties as needed.Education and Experience
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors Degree and either a LSW
or MSW from an approved school of Social Work.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Demonstrated ability to assess resident needs, develop, and
implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning
- Must possess knowledge of accreditation standard and compliance
- Must be a member in good standing in the National Association
of Social Workers.EEO/MFDV
Keywords: Consulate Health Care, Norfolk , Director of Social Services, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!