Company: Bristol Alliance of Companies
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Bristol Infrastructure Designs Services, LLC is seeking a
qualified Construction Manager to help us support the Navy Mission
in Hampton Road, VA. The Construction Manager (CM) will provide
technical services and expertise related to all phases of
construction on a variety of projects within the AOR.
Major Responsibilities and Required Knowledge or Skills
The Construction Manager will:
- Review pre-final contract drawings and specifications with
respect to constructability and compatibility with actual field
- Attend contractor pre-bid project site visits and answer or
document questions aspermissible.
- Coordinate mandatory post-award contract meetings such as
post-award kickoff meetings, preconstruction conferences,
partnering meetings schedule meetings, quality control (QC)
(5-part) meetings, design review meetings, coordination and mutual
understanding meetings, weekly production meetings, LEED
coordination meetings, Facility Turnover Planning meetings (NAVFAC
Red Zone), final inspections, and all other meeting deemed relevant
- Review contractor administrative submittals such as schedules,
environmental protection plans, quality control plans, accident
prevention plans, and coordinate review and approval of technical
"Government approved" submittals such as shop drawings, product
data, samples, design data, manufacturer's instructions, test
plans/reports, certificates, and operations and maintenance
(O&M) data in a timely manner per construction contract
- Manage the contractor Requests for Information (RFIs) and
ensure timely responses per construction contract
- Monitor available project budget and time constraints,
including relevant cost and schedule growth metrics, and initiating
appropriate corrective actions, as necessary, to ensure funding
thresholds and impacts to operational needs are not
- Incumbent must possess a keen understanding of schedules
utilizing network analysis and the potential impact of
modifications to the critical path.
- Review construction progress at the site, daily production
reports, and construction quality control (CQC) reports.
- Attend QC meetings involving critical work activities. Take
necessary action (including possibly recommending dismissal of QC
Manager and/or other QC staff) to assure contractor's quality
control program is in accordance with the contract requirements and
that three phases of quality control are being utilized.
- Based on technical knowledge and coordination with designer and
contractor, provide technical solutions to unforeseen problems
during construction. This may include making recommendations to the
official government liaison to approve field changes that have no
impact on function of the facility or cost and schedule of the
contract (no change in scope).
- Assist the Integrated Product Team (IPT) Project Manager (PM)
in management of Post Construction Award Services (PCAS).
- Coordinate delivery, acceptance, inspection and installation of
Government furnished equipment.
- Coordinate installation of collateral equipment and connection
of phone, data, other communication systems and utility
- Identify the need (and reason code) for a modification to
scope, cost and/or schedule based on collaboration with the
contractor, Supported Command, designer and/or other
- In conjunction with the Engineering Technician (ET), review
Activity Hazard Analysis (AHAs) and ensure these are discussed by
the prime contractor and their respective subcontractors prior to
beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform
- In conjunction with the ET, review and recommend acceptance of
Accident Prevention Plan.
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of sketches and
clarifying drawings in support of proposed changes and issuance of
- Review and recommend approval of contractors' cost-loaded
network analysis schedules as the basis for payments and subsequent
invoices (including recommendations for retainage and/or
withholding as required).
- In conjunction with the ET, review and coordinate acceptance of
Crane Critical Lift Plans along with crane operation qualifications
and certificate of compliance.
- Ensure contractor is conducting monthly site safety
self-evaluations and submitting the information with the
- Provide support to the ET in securing/coordinating
- Take appropriate, timely action to ensure contractor compliance
of safety and health requirements, including recommended dismissal
of key contractor staff due to nonperformance or recurring
- Review, for technical accuracy, statements of work and requests
for proposals or quotations.
- Coordinate property record inventory documents, DD1354 Transfer
and Acceptance of Military Real, in accordance with NAVFAC Business
Management System (BMS) and in coordination with IPT Project
Managers and Installation Real Property Accountable Officer
- Report to the assessing official regarding contractor
performance for evaluations in CCASS and the processing of awards
for outstanding performance, if applicable.
- Complete required items to effectively close out a contract
including receipt and delivery of as-built drawings, O&M
manuals and warranty documents to the Supported Command/facility
manager or local Civil Engineering Squadron (CES).
- Provide effective and timely contractual
- Ensure official contractor correspondence and submittals are
included in the contract file.
- Provide support in responding to Congressional inquiries and
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Incumbent will be capable of tactfully and professionally
communicating (orally and in writing), and be capable of engaging
at multiple levels of authority to obtain decisive action from all
affected parties including the contractor, Supported Commands, and
other Agencies. The incumbent must understand that his/her
recommendations and decisions are usually accepted as the basis for
final action by field office leadership.
- Keep supervisor advised as to the specific status of projects
under his/her administrative and technical control.
- Provide technical support for claims/disputes/terminations
processing, negotiation and resolution.
- Provide or populate certain contract information required in
NAVFAC enterprise Information Technology.
- (IT) systems (primarily eContracts, but also other systems as
necessary). This may include updates to the notes field, listing
the Actual Beneficial Occupancy Date (B.O.D.), and other
information required by field office and NAVFACleadership.
- Provide project status updates to senior personnel within
NAVFAC and Supported Commands.
- When asked, actively engage as assigned on teams formed to
improve processes in any area of Capital Improvements (CI)
construction product line. The improvement work is managed by the
CI Core and involves significant process analysis and redesign of
systems and practices. The incumbent is expected to work with a
team or in support of independent actions by process team leaders,
lending his/her experience and expertise in the effort to improve
At least 5 years of supervisory construction management experience.
Graduation from an accredited engineering or construction
management program may be considered equivalent to 2 years of field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Bristol Alliance of Companies, Norfolk , Construction Manager, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!