Digital Marketing Manager/Strategist- Cox Media
Company: Cox Communications
Posted on: January 22, 2023
How does one define "strategy"? Boiled down, its gathering and
assembling pieces of information in a way that leads to success.
Cox Communications is looking for a Digital Marketing
Manager/Strategist to do just that.
Are you a problem-solver? A puzzle-lover with a passion for helping
businesses achieve their goals? Do you thrive in a high-energy,
collaborative environment? If so, youll love the opportunity to
join our team. Keep reading!
The Cox Media Digital Marketing Manager/Strategist partners
directly with Sales, Marketing, and Sales Services with the sole
focus of working one-on-one with top-segment clients to develop
customized digital marketing strategies and solutions to grow and
protect revenue within that portion of the market. With Sales,
he/she consults with high growth, high potential clients to
recommend sophisticated, multi-screen, customized solutions that
match Cox Media products, available market research, and best
practices in digital marketing tactics to help them achieve their
goals. In addition, the incumbent develops, executes, and is
accountable for the results of customized digital campaigns and
overseeing campaign performance and optimizations.
Internal clients are primarily the Sales team, but there is
interaction with other departments as well. The role requires a
fast pace of work, as well as responding to multiple demands and
high pressure in order to deliver research results to accommodate
others schedules and priorities. This is a budget-driven position
that includes pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals.
Use of personal car to travel occasionally to clients locations
within the system is expected as well as some out-of-market travel
when needed. Maintains contact with external clients by phone and
in person, may be called upon to participate in client
presentations, and may occasionally participate in on- and off-site
client activities which may occur outside regular business hours.
The Strategist collaborates with and assigns work to others with no
formal organizational authority.
What Youll Do
Working with Cox Media, youll partner with the sales team to
develop digital campaigns for local businesses of all sizes. Youll
create comprehensive digital campaigns that achieve businesses
unique goals while helping Cox Media reach our ambitious revenue
goals. Heres a peek at what youll do:
- Drive digital revenue growth, digital product adoption, and
- Build effective consultative relationships with clients to
ensure their satisfaction and develop future business
- Partner with sales consultants and the marketing team on
campaign strategy, development, and presentations.
- Attend 4-legged sales calls with sales consultants.
- Act as a subject matter expert to the sales team and top-tier
clients on all Cox Media digital products, their respective value
propositions, and how to demonstrate their impact.
- Manage campaign activation for top clients and assist sales
consultants and sales services on elements of campaign
- Utilize multiple data sources to track campaign results and
prepare all-inclusive campaign reports to communicate ROI to
clients. Partner with the digital sales manager and corporate
product team on launches and continuing education.
- Attend job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox Media
and competitor services.
- Embrace consultative selling techniques.
Who You Are
You know how to generate results through research. Youre on top of
trends and our latest tech. Youve never met a deadline you didnt
like, and youve never missed one either. The following
qualifications come with you:
- Experience with developing and implementing cross-channel
- Experience with multiple Demand Side Platforms, DV360, Amazon
DSP, Google Analytics, and/or Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with pixel placement, conversion tracking and
- Savvy in Microsoft Excel with an analytical mindset and an eye
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline and 6 years experience
in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different
combination, such as a masters degree and 4 years experience; a
Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years experience in a related
field and without a college degree.
- Marketing or sales experience, including digital product
- Experience in development of marketing campaigns
- Strategic planning and analysis experience
- Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Media research experience
- Windows-based PCs and the Microsoft Office suite of
- Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships,
delivering customer service, expanding, and advancing
- Functional competence, initiating action, inspiring innovation,
continuous learning, producing results, and sales opportunity
analysis in order to work effectively with teams throughout
- Valid drivers license, good driving record, reliable
While not required, here are some additional talents wed welcome,
if theyre in your wheelhouse:
- 1 year digital sales, business development or sales
consultation experience in a sales environment
- 2 years media research experience in a sales-driven
- Cable ad sales management experience preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Whats In It For You?
Thats a fair question. Were glad you asked, because we love our
answer and think you will too. Heres a little taste of our
best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we
respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with
accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our talent is paid what theyre worth with a competitive salary
package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that well
generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- Youll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with
various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible
Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for
mental wellness and more.
- Looking to grow your family? Rest assured youll have access to
our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility
coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and
even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment,
travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are
important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or
slither-and were happy to supply insurance for them as well.
And thats not all! Cox supplies myriad ways to choose whats best
for you and your family. Our benefits packages are designed to
support your unique needs for health and happiness.
Show us your strategy for success. Apply today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in
America, serving six million homes and businesses. Thats a lot, but
we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our
award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a
coveted place to work. If youre interested in bringing people
closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing
so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations
across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare,
our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox
Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to
make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications, Norfolk , Digital Marketing Manager/Strategist- Cox Media, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!