Assistant Project Manager Janitorial
Company: Didlake, Inc.
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Working location: Joint Expeditionary Base/Little Creek
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for providing
management-level support in the day-to-day environmental concerns
and environmental operations of site custodial services. The
Assistant Project Manager serves along with the Project Manager or
as primary liaison in the Project Manager's absence to ensure
effective communication between Didlake Corporate office and the
site Contracting Officer and assists with site health and safety
This description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be
- Assists in planning, directing and coordinating the
environmental management activities of designated projects to
ensure that goals or objectives of the environmental management
program are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and
- Assures compliance with the project's environmental management
- Prepares and submits data, reports, summaries, etc. as may be
required by Didlake Corporate Office, Contracting Officer, or other
- Confers with project management staff to outline an
environmental management plan and to assign duties,
responsibilities, and scope of authority within the boundaries of
- Coordinates with Contracting Officer and other appropriate
staff to address environmental management concerns and proposed
solutions during Program Manager's absence.
- Assists Project Manager with environmental management
efficiency and quality control indicators to ensure contract
requirements are met or exceeded.
- Meets regularly with the Project Manager and the Contracting
Officer to provide written or oral status reports on environmental
- Provides leadership to staff by fostering teamwork while
balancing team and individual responsibilities; gives feedback to
nurture a positive team spirit and quality performance; and models
dependability, hard work, strong business ethics, and professional
- Assures safety of employees by monitoring proper use of
environmental management standards and adherence to health and
- Fosters an atmosphere that promotes Human Rights for all
clients and ensures training, incident reporting, and awareness of
responsibilities of all personnel regarding Human Rights
- Manages department chemical, material, and compound purchasing
activity and consistently monitors chemical usage and inventory for
more environmentally preferable products.
- Primarily responsible for continuing educational efforts for
self and project management staff on environmental issues and
ensuring compliance with environmental protection law.
- Has primary responsibility of interviewing and selecting job
- Has primary responsibility for time studies compliance and
conducts time studies of direct reports.
- Will spend a maximum of two (2) hours in the office environment
and a minimum of six (6) hours overseeing/evaluating Team Leaders,
Floor Machine Operators, and Janitors with the performance of
- Reviews and implements health and safety procedures to meet
federal and company standards; assists in the activities of the
safety committee by providing technical and administrative
- Coordinates with Rehabilitation Department staff to ensure
individual program plans are followed and implemented.
- Transports direct reports, supplies, and equipment to work
sites as necessary to complete required cleaning tasks.
- Documents job observations for direct reports.
- Completes and maintains all required Didlake training.
- Other duties as assigned and/or specified in Statement of
Didlake, Inc. is a non-profit rehabilitation services organization.
At Didlake, creating opportunities that enrich the lives of people
with disabilities is our mission. Since 1965, Didlake has served
thousands of people with significant disabilities by providing
training, job placement, employment opportunities and day support
services. We provide rewarding and purposeful work.
Keywords: Didlake, Inc., Norfolk , Assistant Project Manager Janitorial, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!